SC Project Exhaust fitted

def

nice! so its even better compared to akras systems with titanium 1.6kg less and carbon 3kg less :)

MT-0Devon

Hi, Fitted the SC today...:p Thanks to all the posts about fitment. It's good to have this exhaust again as I believe I was one of the first to own when I fitted an SC to my street triple two years ago! ;)
IMG_20150502_155551.jpg

DeadHead

Having a couple of bikes with the Akrapovic system I can say the SC Project system is better made and with customer service some of the guys have been getting you can buy one with 100% confidence. Great service, low price, beautifully made and sounds amazing whats to think about.

Cwazyn

Air fuel modifier?

Has anyone had any experience with the power unit which is available with it? Is it recommended to get this?
Hello guys, is it worth getting the air fuel modifier control unit?
Does it make enough difference to get?
Cheers
Sg

Torque

Most if not all here haven't got the control unit. The general feeling is that the built in ECU will do it's thing so that the correct mixture is delivered. However, the only way to be sure is a dyno graph with and without the unit, and unfortunately SC have not/will not publish one (despite my constant enquiries before I bought mine).

If it helps I cannot detect any loss of performance after fitting it. In fact I'm very pleased with the exhaust, the bike feels a bit more responsive and sounds ace. It's worth noting the weight difference between the OEM exhaust and the SC Project, it feels leagues apart. I was shocked at how much the OEM unit weighed when I took it off the bike!

foxracer

Most if not all here haven't got the control unit. The general feeling is that the built in ECU will do it's thing so that the correct mixture is delivered. However, the only way to be sure is a dyno graph with and without the unit, and unfortunately SC have not/will not publish one (despite my constant enquiries before I bought mine).

If it helps I cannot detect any loss of performance after fitting it. In fact I'm very pleased with the exhaust, the bike feels a bit more responsive and sounds ace. It's worth noting the weight difference between the OEM exhaust and the SC Project, it feels leagues apart. I was shocked at how much the OEM unit weighed when I took it off the bike!
Thanks Torque, perfect answer :)

Stil

I've just bought myself one of these! Can't wait!

I am planning on fitting it myself. I have very little to no mechanical experience and am learning as i go with the bike, done some aesthetic mods, but this will be my biggest challenge yet.

Are there any specific things i need in order to fit it, such as a tool or lubricant for example?

Cheers

Torque

I've just bought myself one of these! Can't wait!

I am planning on fitting it myself. I have very little to no mechanical experience and am learning as i go with the bike, done some aesthetic mods, but this will be my biggest challenge yet.

Are there any specific things i need in order to fit it, such as a tool or lubricant for example?

Cheers
A decent socket wrench (perhaps with a universal joint***) to remove and re-fit the header nuts. You won't have to remove anything like the radiator, etc.
A bit of lithium grease to hold the gaskets in place whilst you offer up the header pipes.
Just make sure everything lines up as you secure the header pipes so you don't get any leaks.
Read this entire thread, it's full of useful information.

*** I didn't need a universal joint. A wrench extension let me squeeze through the gap between the radiator and the header pipes.

Last edited:

foxracer

Ordered mine on 8th June, but nothing arrived yet. No updates either, and no response to email! Not that impressed with the service so far :p

Stil

Ordered mine on 8th June, but nothing arrived yet. No updates either, and no response to email! Not that impressed with the service so far :p
Strange, I emailed regarding my order this morning and they got back to me within 2 hours.

foxracer

Heh, well I had to get an Italian member of my team to give them a call! Apparently due to a surge in demand there's an additional 2 week delay :(

MT-Marty

SC Project exhaust tunning?

Have you had to retune after fitting the SC Project exhaust and has it affecxted the MPG?

MT-0Devon

Hi, Fitted the SC today...:p Thanks to all the posts about fitment. It's good to have this exhaust again as I believe I was one of the first to own when I fitted an SC to my street triple two years ago! ;)
View attachment 1801
Loving this exhaust but last weekend a stone hit the headers, dented them then bounced into the Lambda sensor & ripped that off causing a short circuit which blew a main fuse, causing a breakdown!

Now fitted a lambda sensor eliminator kit but my question is:

What belly pans fit with the SC Project? I know the official Yamma does but I'm not paying the price for it...any others?

Thanks in advance

foxracer

Just fitted mine today after it finally arrived! Never fitted an exhaust before, and it took ages... copper grease and a rubber mallet is a must. I can confirm that it fits with the Yamaha belly pan, although for a while I thought it wouldn't :(

Neatly had a panic attack when I turned it on and smoke started pouring off it... took me a while to realise it was just the protective coating burning off.

dubakak

burned pipes near cylinder heads

hi to all,
first of all, thank you for your usefull post showing package content and installation tutorial.

i love my sc project. the sound, look, build quality and everything for reasonable price.

i would like to ask owners if they are getting burned pipes on one place as i am

thanks in advance

IMG_20150815_180209.jpgexhaust_pipes.jpg

Last edited:

Eddieh93

MT-0Devon you had a bit of nightmare there.

I'm still in love with this exhaust but I'm so indecisive do I buy this or the Zard?!