SC Project Exhaust fitted

DeadHead

Fitted SC Project exhaust today, never fitted anything like this before and wanted to share a few images etc about my experience.
It was easy to fit, just show a little patience and of course have the right tools! Nothing special is needed to do the job.

Everything that comes in the box apart from the instructions which is a separate picture.

Everything you see in the picture is supplied in the box.

Nice little touch from SCP is to number the the 2 in 1 section and the pipes to take the guess work out of what goes where.

Quality of finish is very impressive.

Last edited:

DeadHead

Re-used the exhaust gasket from the original pipe, used some coppaslip on the threads. Fit the springs onto the flanges before you tighten the nuts.

The hardest part was sliding the 2 pipes onto the 2in1 section. I got them on as far as possible then used a rubber mallet and tapped the 2in1 section onto the pipes for the remainder..MAKE SURE YOU HOLD THE 2 PIPES STEADY WHEN DOING THIS.

Last edited:

DeadHead

Fit the lambda sensor BEFORE you link the 2in1 section to any other section. I had a block of wood under the bike for the 2in1 section to rest on while I did the rest of the bike.

M8x25 bolt supplied with stud fixing

Reverse of above, Washer and Fixing nut(M8)

Last edited:

dazzor

Very helpful thread; thank you.

Ordered mine earlier this week, along with a DNA air filter.

Are you happy with the sound/loudness with the baffle in?

I've read lots about this system being loud with the baffle in.

Cheers

Darren

MrSquidbeak

Hi mate. Thank you for showing me your exhaust today down at Crescent Yamaha.
Looks the nuts and sounds amazing. After seeing and hearing yours in the flesh i will ordering one for my MT due in Jan.
Thanks again mate

DeadHead

Very helpful thread; thank you.

Ordered mine earlier this week, along with a DNA air filter.

Are you happy with the sound/loudness with the baffle in?

I've read lots about this system being loud with the baffle in.

Cheers

Darren
In all honesty Darren the baffle stayed in for about a minute. What I can tell you is it does have a higher pitch noise than with the baffle out, now that has a lovely deep throbbing noise.

I personally don't think it's a loud pipe it's just right between being obnoxiously loud and letting drivers know you are there.

DeadHead

Hi mate. Thank you for showing me your exhaust today down at Crescent Yamaha.
Looks the nuts and sounds amazing. After seeing and hearing yours in the flesh i will ordering one for my MT due in Jan.
Thanks again mate
Nice to meet you today :D
How did it sound when i rode off?

dazzor

In all honesty Darren the baffle stayed in for about a minute. What I can tell you is it does have a higher pitch noise than with the baffle out, now that has a lovely deep throbbing noise.

I personally don't think it's a loud pipe it's just right between being obnoxiously loud and letting drivers know you are there.
Interesting. Thanks.

Have you got the DNA air filter fitted or still running the stock one? I've read that adds to overall sound.

I'm getting more and more into the bike as the miles rack up.....so pleased I didn't get the exhaust and air filter done off the bat....it's like I'm looking forward to a new bike again :)

Cheers

D

DeadHead

I've thought about the DNA air filter, the thing is you will need to get it on a dyno and set up the fuelling and I'm not sure I can be bothered with all that.

I timed the exhaust perfectly on my bike, ordering the pipe before I got the bike, the bike went in for it's first service on Monday and the pipe arrived the same day!
They make your pipe in the factory once your order has been taken, so don't expect delivery between 5-10days like the website says, it's 4 weeks from order to delivery.
Everyone who has ordered one says it's 4 weeks.

dazzor

I've thought about the DNA air filter, the thing is you will need to get it on a dyno and set up the fuelling and I'm not sure I can be bothered with all that.

I timed the exhaust perfectly on my bike, ordering the pipe before I got the bike, the bike went in for it's first service on Monday and the pipe arrived the same day!
They make your pipe in the factory once your order has been taken, so don't expect delivery between 5-10days like the website says, it's 4 weeks from order to delivery.
Everyone who has ordered one says it's 4 weeks.
I've read more than once that if it's just the actual filter being swapped out and not the stage two air box kit too, then remapping is not required. I can think of at least one member on here with this set-up that's done this to great effect.

Yes, I'm expecting a 3-4 week wait. It comes when it comes.

Enjoy the new mods and thanks for sharing

Darren

rappetor

Lol, in my experience I find it quite a loud exhaust. Might even go look for a solution to make it a bit more silent! ;) Although I first have to do a real good dB test. With an el cheapo (10 euros made in china) dB meter I measured 98 dB(A), which is loads more than the allowed 91 dB(A). But if it's anywhere near the truth, it would mean trouble here in the Netherlands. Even with the E type approval card you get with it :)

I do love the sound though.. a LOT! And was also impressed with the quality. People sure hear you coming with this exhaust :).

I'll just spam my bike again :eek:
MT-07_SC-Project_full.jpg

vazza72

Since installing mine I now have the baffle out all of the time as it really is a lovely sound and not "insanely" loud!! As deadhead says it really is easy to install and is very good quality. I must have been lucky as mine took 3weeks to arrive - but I was chasing them everyday for the last week lol. Glad you finally ordered yours dazzor really makes a difference to sound and aesthetics. Enjoy ;)

Last edited:

DeadHead

I'm comparing my MT-07/SC Project with my old Kwak er6n which had fitted a two brothers exhaust (full system)..now that bike was seriously LOUD.