SC Project - smoke from joints

iskaron

Hi guys,

I fitted a SC Project exhaust using some copper grease in the process. It smokes around joints and it looks like the copper grease is burning. Should I clear it ant then reassemble the thing or let it burn or did I fucked the exhaust?
Thanks.

sdrio

I'd be tempted to take it off and clean it. The grease will quite quickly burn off, but I'm not sure what would be left behind with copper grease.

You definitely don't want to grease pipe joints, but I'm probably stating the obvious now.

nobull

I'd be tempted to take it off and clean it. The grease will quite quickly burn off, but I'm not sure what would be left behind with copper grease.

You definitely don't want to grease pipe joints, but I'm probably stating the obvious now.
Leave it and it will be fine, it will stop smoking once it all burns off, & it wont tarnish the metal in any way. I've used it for particularly tight exhaust joints several times with no problems. Get it good and hot and it will soon burn off.

MT-0Devon

It'll be fine. You can warm it up then re-tighten the nuts on headers. As others said, the grease will burn off.