seat so uncomfortable

cal66

Don't know about any of u guys but I went out with my bf ( allyw71 ) for a run on a beautiful sunny day and we did approx 200 miles, my butt was absolutely throbbing by the end of the run, has anyone found a solution for this or is a gel seat the only way to go?

Viking

While I was takeing my wife to work I set it up to 9 (the hardest level) and when I was rideing home without her my butt was in great pain. There is a big diference for me, even if I adjuate it for one level.

TJ63

If the shock is not set correctly for your weight, then it will affect the ride comfort. The default is 3.

allyw71

The shock only adjusts for pre load, as I'm sure we all know, so adjusting it only really raises or lowers the ride height for any given weight and doesn't make the suspension harder or softer. She has the shock set on the lowest setting just so she can touch the ground, even if one were to believe that it makes a difference its on its most compliant setting which should make it more comfortable. Having ridden the bike myself, I find the seat to be like sitting on ply board, it needs to be re-worked. Trouble is the foam is very thin and she can't afford it to be any higher. I think she'll have to talk to a few seat modifiers and figure out which one can do the best job for her needs, possibly during the winter months.

Gaz2212

Ally

Maybe this could be an answer to cal's seat problem, seems very expensive for what it is though

Object moved

Possibly lower the bike then rework the seat to make it more comfortable for her, this would also allow you adjustment on the pre load

allyw71

I can't think off hand how those would fit on the bike as it doesn't have a rising rate linkage. The shock bolts directly onto the swing arm and the back of the engine. Unless of course its just a generic photo of a lowering kit and Powerbronze have come up with another way of lowering it, I can't imagine they would advertise a kit they can't supply. I would like to see a photo of it on the bike.
Thanks for the heads up though :)

AJ Nin

Haha. I ride road bicycles, so the FZ-07 seat is like sitting on a pillow. I traded in a Grom for the FZ-07. Now that has a hard seat and it slants forward which does a number on some people's backs. I guess it's relative, but I've never had a touring bike. Every bike I have owned has had people who have complained about the seat. This just seems like one of the better seats.

akyros

seat is bad period,never had a touring bike or a scooter
why you think they have a "comfort" saddle for sale?

sdrio

I'm 6' and 100kgs. No ride lowering kit or suspension adjustment needed here.

The seat is very uncomfortable for me. It's the seat that's the problem. Yamaha do a 'comfort' seat, for about a million pounds, but apparently it's not much better than the standard one.

I have a double thickness sheepskin cover that I use for long rides, but even that only takes me to about 2 hours before I'm thinking of arranging for a vet to shoot me.

Anthony

I completed 900 miles with only stopping for fuel. Lets say blood was involved. I wish it had a better seat!