Sidestand caution

Phil_B

This could just be down to me being an idiot as I'm relatively new to bikes, but I thought I would share this for any of you guys picking up your bikes soon.

I find the sidestand is quite long on the MT-07 compared to some other bikes I have experience handling, and it is quite far forward when fully engaged. This means its possible to knock the sidestand a little or not kick it forward enough when pushing the bike around. This isn't when riding the bike, more moving it short distances to clean it, or put it in the garage.

A couple of times I have gone to lean the bike back over and the kickstand wasnt down enough so I've had to quickly support the bike and kick the stand down properly.

Its worth getting in the habit of kicking the stand forward!

TJ63

Good job it's a light bike! Sidestand kicking is a habit I picked up after nearly dropping another brand new bike.

Good advice, Phil.

Phil_B

Good job it's a light bike! Sidestand kicking is a habit I picked up after nearly dropping another brand new bike.

Good advice, Phil.
Definitely, the light weight helps - its a nice easy bike to maneuver; I had no problems getting on and off a paddock stand using the seat grab (which isn't ideal) either.

Heres hoping I remember my own advice!