Speed triple screen + headlights

M2eddy

If there was one reason that would have kept me from buying the MT-07 it is the headlight assembly look. It is my personal opinion, and I know many of you won’t agree. When I decided to buy the MT-07, I already had a Speed Triple modification in mind. Has anyone tried this yet ? I bought the screen, and I’m still looking for 2 aftermarket headlights - preferably matt black. The screen measures 32 cm, and this is also the maximum width for the double headlights assembly. Question is, will the alternator deliver enough power to run an extra headlight ?
Any useable ideas or suggestions welcome.

robodene

The lights is what stops me considering a Striple- seemingly stuck out front on a long pole. However on an MT-07 fixed to the forks it would look good. (sorry that's no help to you.) I'd like to see it done.

RichMT

There's a guy in our local Bike Group who has done virtually the opposite. He's bought a Triumph Speed Triple and fitted it with an MT-03 headlight!

bike.jpg

robodene

Brilliant. Send the pic to Triumph. They seem to think there may be something wrong with the light design but it is really the setting, IMHO.

M2eddy

StrtTrpl.jpg

Screen looks fine to me. Still looking for a double headlight assembly. The genuine Street Triple lights might look too wide (the MT07 forks are narrower). Also the R6/R1 cateye style headlights maybe a possibility, but will be harder to mount and finish nicely.

M2eddy

The result :

I call it "my MT-07 E-triple"

MT-07 E-triple front kopie.jpg

It is amazing how much wind protection you get from a small screen like this. The bike (and rider) feels a lot more stable at higher speeds.
Headlights = Dominator 2 (E-marked - European dip)

MT-07 E-triple left kopie.jpg

I would have liked to place the headlights a bit more forward, but this would have resulted in a less liable construction. If I can think of a good solution for this, I might change it.

MT-07 E-triple right kopie.jpg

Integrated dash :

MT-07 E-triple dash kopie.jpg

Still to do : Having the 2 headlights on simultaneously (100% low beam + 40% high beam)

But first of all, enjoy a new season :)