Standard security

TJ63

Looks like I might do what I did with my other bike. Wait for a special offer on AlphaDot (ironically via CMC), and put that on.

Jon

So I asked Yamaha and they said:

Dear

There are two different kits, with both similarities and essential differences, however if these are appreciated, there shouldn't be any confusion.

We regards to CMC I have just spoken to their Dealer Principle, who was already aware that, for one reason or another, some machines had been delivered to customers without having their Master Security kit fitted.

Kits are now available again and ready to be fitted, if originally omitted.

Regards,

Customer Service
Service Department
After Sales Division
Forsyth Road, Sheerwater
Woking, Surrey. GU21 5SA
Telephone:
Fax:
E-mail:
+44 (0) 1932 358000
+44 (0) 1932 358030
[email protected]
www.yamaha-motor.co.uk

So all dealers SHOULD be fitting them.

bones

Bloody Cmc I phoned and made phil double check yesterday
He finally called me end of play to say it definately wasn't available !!!!
Spoke to yamaha they say it is definately available .... I have got yamaha to chat with Cmc . To tell them they have to fit it
Trouble is I'm 200 miles away !! So we shall see what they come up with .
Not my fault at all !!
They say they are one of the biggest yam dealers in the country .... So how many new owners are missing there free security !!!

Will145

That's really bad service. Especially if they are quoting being one of the biggest dealers in the country!! Yamaha need to have a word with them about their customer service

bones

I put a deposit on the bike
was guaranteed it wss mine
then phoned up a few days later to get the reg to insure and was told sorry it was sold to someone else !!!
I really kicked off knowing how long it would take me to get a red one and by the end of the day it was to be mine again ....
I was assured by cmc the first service was free anywhere excluding parts this proved incorrect , they eventuslly refunded a small amount of the cost I was charged ... they give you a month to buy parts at cost price ....sounds good .... when quoting all items still cost 20% more than I can get them at any of my local dealers ! Now this .... arghhhhh

they seem a nice team and sue one of the owners wives has been a great help, but for god sake shake it up , they must try harder this security balls up is rediculous , its such an important part of the package thats being witheld and doesnt matter until its needed

sdrio

That's really bad service. Especially if they are quoting being one of the biggest dealers in the country!! Yamaha need to have a word with them about their customer service
Seems to me this security thing has been indifferently handled by Yamaha, and the dealers are taking the opportunity to avoid doing it.

I have been to at least 3 Yamaha dealers on London in the last 3 months, looking at, testing and pricing up new bikes, and I'd never heard of this security thing till someone posted it here. Now it appears it is completely hit and miss whether you get it automatically, whether you get it if you ask, or even whether the dealers will honour it even when you do ask.

You'd have thought Yamaha would have required the dealers to handle it properly. It seems entirely half arsed to me.

bones

Dealers are required to do it
Cmc are supplying my kit to a local firm and have now agreed to pay for it's application
Our forum worked and now yamaha is enforcing this
good work all I would not have known without this forum !!!!

Jon

Agree sdrio, not sure I would automatically blame CMC. I have had nothing other than excellent service from them. Suspect that Yamaha are meant to supply the kits to the dealers for every new bike ordered by the dealer. It may be that Yamaha simply "forgot" to supply them, so the dealers aren't fitting them....

Knowing Yamaha's incompetence with not having their widely advertised accessories available (anyone seen a Yamaha screen yet?) months after the launch, it is quite possibly the same issue.

Anyway, CMC are now fitting my Datatag kit at my first service next week. An hour extra for the glue to dry...they stick the glass transponder somewhere inside the fuel tank apparently!

bones

I'm not disagreeing with that
But was rather irritated when I pursued the issue with Cmc and they said definitely not supplied
Until I contacted yamaha and they contacted
Cmc for me
Nice bunch I'm not arguing but we need to get what we pay for ....

allyw71

Cal66 was told when she ordered hers in april that it would come with a datatag. And that is from a small, local dealer.

sdrio

I'm not disagreeing with that
But was rather irritated when I pursued the issue with Cmc and they said definitely not supplied
Until I contacted yamaha and they contacted
Cmc for me
Nice bunch I'm not arguing but we need to get what we pay for ....
I might have to do the same. I emailed the dealer but they haven't replied, and I know that email address is monitored. I had problems with them when I bought it, so I'm not 100% confident in them.

Will see tomorrow, I'm dropping it off for it's first service in the morning.

Will145

Sdrio - considering their original answer to you about data tag, I'd get on to yamaha direct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdrio

OK, well an update of sort I suppose. I dropped it off on Friday, and asked about it.

The guy that received the bike said 'No problem, I'll sort it out and fit it today'. I said I didn't mind doing it myself if he just wanted to give me the kit, and he said fine, he'd 'dig one out'.

So when I collected the bike, I asked, again.

'Oh, yeah. Sorry. Forgot about that. Just a sec . . .'

Five minutes later he comes back and says 'I had one somewhere, but I can't find it. I'll dig it out next week (now this week) and give you a buzz'.

So, I'm about 90% sure I'm being dicked about, but to be completely fair I'll wait till Friday. If they don't call me, I'll go back to Yamaha.

Tune in next week for the next gripping installment!

Jon

CMC fitted my Datatag today at first service. No Charge. Thanks for the heads up guys.

LC mick

Had chat with my dealer today about data tag system and he said yamaha don't do it. He said that other bikes usually come with the data pack on delivery but not yamaha. However he will look into it and I'll get back to you.

badger27

Just got off the phone with cmc clay cross booked in for data tag alarm to be fitted a week on Friday. Free of charge.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

sdrio

Just got off the phone with cmc clay cross booked in for data tag alarm to be fitted a week on Friday. Free of charge.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
The kit we're talking about isn't an alarm though.

It's a fairly low tech set of identification devices. There are a couple of small electronic tags, a whole load of tiny 'dots', some kind of etching stuff and some stickers that tell the would be tea-leaf the bike is marked.

You stick all this stuff to the bike, then tell the datatag people who you are, the bikes ID etc.

The idea is if it gets nicked, it is identifiable. The thief has to remove all the datatag components, which is almost impossible (apparently you get something like 1,000 of the little dots to stick on everything).

Theory is, a thief will see the bike is datatagged, and not nick it because it would be difficult to break down / reuse the parts.