Standard security

Kaff

Anti-theft system?

For those of you who already have the bike, has Yamaha provided the stock MT-07 with an immobilizer or other anti-theft system? If not, has anyone found a decent third party system for it?

Phil_B

I got Yamamas own YISS system and datatag markings as standard

Whether they are any good however I don't know!

Locked garage and HD lock and chain are my preferred method, and disc lock when out.

loneranger

Meta Cat 1 alarm fitted from new. £299 fitted by Yamaha. Comes with 2 remotes. Excellent never had an issue with it. Seat is wired into it also.

Irksome

Datatool S4 on mine ... its first trip was down the road to the installers who did an excellent job ... the LED is just by the RB Special edition label.

Rouqui

hi. the bike seems to have an immobiliser built in, also the intelligent key hopefully has some effect. It seems to me that the main risk is the bike being picked up and put into a van, they will ignore an alarm and a disklock won't help. If a bike is parked in the same place every day, someone will target it. I thought of putting "Jawa" stickers over the Yamaha ones!

Artem

Datatool S4 on mine ... its first trip was down the road to the installers who did an excellent job ... the LED is just by the RB Special edition label.
Who were the installers? I am thinking of fitting that alarm as well.

loneranger

Artem. Where did you buy your bike from? See you are based in London. I bought mine from Lamba Wallington South London and they fitted the Meta1

Artem

Artem. Where did you buy your bike from? See you are based in London. I bought mine from Lamba Wallington South London and they fitted the Meta1
Metropolis. After collecting it was an awful ride from Vauxhall in South London 5pm traffic.

loneranger

yeah that's where I passed my test thru therir training. I was going to buy from them but they couldn't get a demo in time or stock.

Mushymi5

Does anybody know if the bike comes with any security ie immobiliser etc from Yamaha, the website doesn't detail anything?

Will145

Yeah comes with yamaha yiss immobiliser and ignition security and data tag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will145

Should do. I know before I picked mine up I was emailed my data tag certificate from the dealer and there's a data tag sticker on the forks(?)

Will145

Just went and checked my mt and the stickers on the frame, left side just behind the radiator

Last edited: