Starter switch

spencer

2 months in and the starter switch as gone :( push it down to start bike and it doesn't spring back so the starter motor carry's on spinning when engine as started. only noticed it when I got to work 35 miles later :( cant ear starter spinning when your on the move, doesn't seem to have done any damage. called the shop where I brought it from got to take it in Tuesday to have switch and starter looked at. thinking to myself on my way to home tonight that this bike isn't going to last. engines bullet prof but everything else shit. WHY Yamaha didn't you just put a push button to start the bike like every other bike you have made????? :( a real poor design. looks like the rains got in and f**ked it.

sdrio

Mine did it once. I got half a mile from home and saw the engine warning light was on - when I stopped I could hear it, so no harm done. Hasn't done it since though

spencer

Mine was sticking so I squirted a little oil under the switch
no problems since.
I did that at work today but no good still sticks. its under warranty they can change it shouldn't have to be squirting with oil.

xt660isgood2

Guessing it’s a weather/water related problem? Any fair weather lightweights like me had any probs? It still doesn’t make it acceptable though.
If you do stall, and we've all done it. It's really not natural to pull the thing towards you. Yep...well crap design. Bike still brill tho

spencer

2 months in and the starter switch as gone :( push it down to start bike and it doesn't spring back so the starter motor carry's on spinning when engine as started. only noticed it when I got to work 35 miles later :( cant ear starter spinning when your on the move, doesn't seem to have done any damage. called the shop where I brought it from got to take it in Tuesday to have switch and starter looked at. thinking to myself on my way to home tonight that this bike isn't going to last. engines bullet prof but everything else shit. WHY Yamaha didn't you just put a push button to start the bike like every other bike you have made????? :( a real poor design. looks like the rains got in and f**ked it.
Got a call from Laguna's today Yamaha are going to replace switch under warranty. And even better news there going to replace the water pipes too:)

HDShark

Mine has just started to stick intermittently. Hasnt been out in the rain at all and only has 1000 miles on it. Obviously a badly designed gimmick; but only one flaw in an otherwise brilliant bike.

spencer

you can get it replaced under warranty. mine is going in sat for the switch water pipes and a new swing arm and it also looks like there going to have to change the wheel has the paint is coming off :( and the bike is only 3 months old. I and dreading what its going to be like after a year. still a great bike well engine lolol

Yaminator

With mine when it started sticking I switched the ignition off then operated the switch for a few minutes up down up down and so on.. Been fine since. ;-)