Suspension Upgrades:- Products in the Market?

Noggie

Winter is looming and I've started to think about suspension upgrades.
I first thought about getting the ohlins rear shock, and their fork springs.

BUT..... When I looked on eBay just now there are some Italian sellers that sell an "advanced" kit.
Basically the same ohlins shock, but now with the Andreani adjustable front cartridge, prices are in the 1000 euro range, and I must say having the opportunity to adjust the forks is very very tempting.
Though having had cars with fully adjustable suspension in the past I know there is a fine line between that good setup, and mess everything up when you have multiple adjustment possibilities.

Granted most motorcycles have got adjustable suspension, so maybe I should stop worrying and just click the "buy" button?

KEVINJSTANLEY

I live near Maxton and had the front cartridge replaced by them...the beauty is that I can go back anytime and they will assist in any changes I want...they said we are a service for life not just the sale.
as to how much better they are.....diving under braking is a thing of the past but also I don't worry so much about corners ect and the road surface as it just handles what happens with very little stress

Bob Beeden

Suspension upgrades ?

Has anyone used the Hagon set up ?
I haven't been able to find any reviews or comments on these.
I talked to them at the M/C show and they were very positive about its benefits, but they would be wouldn't they.
The most common conversion, at least in the UK, are the Nitron or the Hyperpro and I was wondering about the other alternatives.
I have been in touch with the company and they can supply shock,remote adjusters and a front Spring setup at a very reasonable cost, but I would like some concert views before I place my order.
I have used Hagon shocks before but only on classic British bikes where they were good, but of course there isn't any fine adjustments etc.
I would be interested on any comments out there, or to hear from anyone who has fitted these.

Thanks for any insights you may have out there.
BB.

Fruppzor

Today turns out to be a good day!
Got my Öhlins shock and springs delivered and can’t wait to install them on the bike :cool:
Hopefully this will cure the spongy rear and diving nose!

DSC_1670.jpgDSC_1671.jpg

M2eddy

After 14000 k of riding experience on my standard MT-07, I found it was time for a suspension upgrade. So I ordered the MT-07 Hyperpro street box, adapted to my weight. Why Hyperpro ? About 600 euros for a complete and personalized set (front and rear) seemed a very good price value, and I read a lot of good reviews on Hyperpro.
Installation of the rear suspension was quite easy. I was going to have the font forks done by a professional, but after seeing this video on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERweonEcuK4) I decided to do it myself. Thank you very much MT-07 UK owners club !
Last winter I watched a lot of Youtube videos on (modern :cool:) cornering technique, and soon (at age 57) my first knee down was a fact. Since then, motorcycling has reached another dimension for me. The MT-07 – even in it’s OEM setup – had already proven to be a super fun motorcycle, but suspension soon reached it‘s limits in fast corners and on rough road surfaces. If you weigh less than 80 kg and you accept these limits (like I did until recently), the MT-07 ‘s suspension is so not bad at all and offers a lot of fun. But if you want to get more out of the bike, a suspension upgrade is a very good idea.
After installing the new setup last Saturday, I took the bike for a test ride. Wow, what a difference. Suspension handles small bumps and irregularities in a much more mature way. Stating that I have “a completely different bike” is a bit exaggerated, but I can testify that you feel the difference immediately. Don’t expect to get a competition racer though. But on a budget bike like the MT-07 the money is very well spent. Where in the old setup the bike reacted nervously in fast corners, the new setup is so much more comfortable, offering a lot of grip and allowing faster cornering . This as result of the very good off factory setting. No multiple adjustment features, with the risk of totally messing up things instead of improving. Ideal for me.
My conclusion : Instead of spending a lot of money on loud and expensive replacement exhausts, investment in a better suspension will give you a lot more in return. Ride your MT-07 in the higher revs and you also get a very nice exiting sound. Just my 2 cents.

M2eddy

My experiences so far (after 6000 kms) :

In ideal circumstances (Mettet racetrack) - on rookie level - the suspension handles really well. The bike is stable and offers a lot of confidance. The MT-07 of course is no match for the heavier bikes on the straight ends, but the cornering was very acceptable and so much fun. It put had a smile on my face, and it stayed there the whole day. This definitely calls for more !

149451632170622600_resized.jpg

The biggest surprise however, is the way the bike now handles in less ideal circumstances : during my annual motorvacacion in the Spanish Pyrenees, my TomTom rider often guided me on very small local roads, not always in best riding conditions : bumps, holes, gravel roads and even more than 6 kms real offroad circumstances. Compared with my experiences the year before, the difference was substantial : no more “blurred” vision as a result of these bad conditions, and so much more relaxed riding. I remember hating these kind of circumstances before, now I was kind of enjoying them and it gave me the opportunity the enjoy the stunning views.

Conclusion : happy … happy … happy

Jonindorset

Planning a suspension upgrade. Thinking the Hyperpro Street Box was my best option until I saw that I could buy a Hyperpro Progressive Spring kit plus Nitron NTR N1 shock/spring for slightly less money (about £10 cheaper).
Any thoughts? How do the Hyperpro and Nitron shocks compare? I weigh 75kg and will never carry a pillion so not worried about too much adjustment once setup.