Underseat Storage?

Jon

Mine still on order and I'm nearly 2 hours from my dealer so....On my test ride I never checked if there was any underseat storage at all. Could one of you lucky ones who've already taken delivery post a photo of any space there is please. I cant find a picture anywhere on the web.

Can I get a disclock under there? maybe a cable?

loneranger

You will get a disk lock under the rear seat which opens with key. The main seat only opens with 2 allen key screws which I have not tried opening The rear seat has a small tool bag already in itWP_20140329_002.jpg

busey

Lone ranger what you got in your tool bag only had a c spanner and extension in mine can't see the point in that under seat there is a basic set of tools clipped on the rear seat base on mine

Jon

Thanks loneranger - nice pic. And more space than I expected! Certainly a disk lock, maybe a cable too (I have a Xena14 with the accessory cable). Looks like Yam have provided some loops to secure a tail pack?
Also I agree with busey - I'm sure I'm unlikely to need to adjust my rear pre-load when out on a ride, so I think that might not earn its space under the seat.

I wonder if this official seat cover replaces the pillion seat and therefore gives useful extra space? (Rather than simply sitting on top of the original)
1WS-247F0-00-00-seat-cover-mt-07-black-studio-001.jpg

Last edited:

Phil_B

I've managed to get an oxford disk lock and keys, spare buff and a wadge of kitchen roll/garage towel (good for visor cleaning etc) in with the tool bag. I might think about taking the tool bag out as you've suggested!

Also a good quick place to store the garage/house key so it isn't in a jacket pocket.

Phil_B

Well, I can advise against storing anything too small under the seat. I found my keys hanging between the rear plastics and frame after a pannicky search today - only held in by the chunky car key!

Cue embarrassment!

busey

I had a nice black zip seal type bag with mine think it was to carry your handbook/service book might be handy for the small item's under seat