Waiting to pull the trigger on the FZ-07.

William

I'm waiting here in Canada to pull the trigger on a FZ-07 because winter will be here soon,
and I can't sell my 2007 Kawasaki 650R now. Dealers offer me peanuts for my 650R in a trade;
I find it very insulting because I put a lot of love into my bike, keeping it mint.:(
Some offer $1,400 less than Blue Book trade in value

I might even wait another year or so to see if they put a fairing on a '17?

Attachments

rafletcher

They can shift as many FZ/MT-07's as they like, so don't have to offer reasonable trade-ins. You're better off selling privately (well you are always, but particularly in this case).

sdrio

I was talking to someone about this over here (UK) last week. He is looking to buy a new MT07, and pondered whether he should wait until February, as the 'new' plates come out in March.

His idea was that sales would be slack then as everybody waits for the newer plate.

I said as far as I could see Yamaha have been selling these as fast as they can make them, there were usually waiting lists so he had no hope of getting any kind of discount. I suspect that holds true wherever in the world you're buying one.

Having said that, for some unknown reason when I bought mine last year, I managed to get £300 discount on it (I wasn't that keen on buying one) when from what I can see people were waiting 3 months to get them. I had mine in 3 days. Sales guy must have been trying to finish up his quota or something.

craigieboy

Same here, from what i hear they are selling them no problems, at whatever time of the year. If you manage to get a discount good on ya :cool:

Eddieh93

I walked straight into the dealer saw the one I wanted and rode it away the next Saturday don't understand how people are having to wait for so long!

Noggie

I walked straight into the dealer saw the one I wanted and rode it away the next Saturday don't understand how people are having to wait for so long!
I guess if you want a particular colour or extras you have to wait.
I wanted a red bike, the local dealer happened to have one in red on display, so I bought that, and a whole bunch of extras. I could have brought it home after a day or two, but because of the extras it took about a month.
But it was January so it really did not matter, I did not ride it before April because of winter anyway.

William

They can shift as many FZ/MT-07's as they like, so don't have to offer reasonable trade-ins. You're better off selling privately (well you are always, but particularly in this case).
To add insult to injury, the people on Kijiji low ball me like you wouldn't believe.

Eddieh93

Ye your probably right Noggie, my one was in the showroom as well they said it came in that same day I went in there, must of been fate for me to have that one haha.