What is the maximum comfortable speed of the MT-07 with a proper screen?

William

:) I mentioned on another post that perhaps I should wait for the 2016 MT-07 to see if it will have a fairing because I
like highway riding. I've seen some information about screens, and I want to know what is the maximum
comfortable speed with a proper screen. Which company would make that screen?

The bike I have now, my 2007 Kawasaki 650R, has a full fairing which is a delight on the highway, but it is
awkward for oil changes and some work on the bike. The fairing parts aren't cheap either as I have replaced
a few pieces. (The previous owner had dropped the bike on the left side. Frame sliders were installed.)

With a proper screen, would the 2015 MT-07 be a good compromise?

Thank you for your answers and comments.

Gaulois

It really depends on your size and helmet shake you can take.
I am 5'6, have an Ermax windshield of 39cm and have no issue with extended time at 75mph.

Last edited:

spencer

I am doing 70 miles a day up and down the motorway and i also have the Ermax 39cm screen and its very good at HIGH ;)speeds but it could do with another couple of cm and it would be perfect, and i am only 5'5. I dont think the mt will ever have fairings its not that type of bike buy it now and enjoy.

Alex

Ermax screen like the others. From 140 km/h up I usually need to get closer to the tank more and more.