Would you keep your MT07?

Gaulois

Knowing your MT07, and had a chance to swap it for an other bike in its range, would you keep it or get rid of it?:confused:

rappetor

I would keep it, 100% sure about that. It's an awesome little bike with a great engine. And yes, there are some negatives but all motorcycles and brands have their negative points.

E.g.my 690 Duke (2013 model) had rocker arm bearing problems within a year (because they used cheaper parts, known problem). Could have resulted in a totally ruined engine. Rather have some minor rust issues which you can prevent (as much as possible) and repair once you see it.
My Z750 had a stalling issue which Kawasaki couldn't resolve and left me with a 'faulty' bike.

No.. I'm quite happy with my MT-07. :D
edit, let's hope it stays that way obviously! :)

sven11

I was looking at bmw f800r and perhaps aprilia shiver when a new one comes out, to be honest my first choice was a honda cb600f but as they switched to that low attitude 650 mt was the next choice. Must admit looks are important for me and a good pillion seat could come in handy. Not many naked in the middle category have that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ralph

Keeper even though mine as the cutting out problem now hopefully fixed I will be keeping mine.

D

Deleted member 20

Want low weight, max 182 kg full.
The alternatives I've found then are 690 Duke, Street Triple, Duc Scrambler/696/796, Brutale 675 and possibly some other exoticas.
Don't enjoy riding any of them more than riding the MT07, they might be faster or sportier but with less comfortable ergos.
Also want low cost of ownership in depreciation, insurance, ease/cost of maintenance and fuel consumption.
Then there are no alternatives. For me the MT07 is a keeper.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJP

I plan to keep mine.

To be honest, I'm at a bit of a dead-end in my biking career: I've done sports bikes, I've done litre bikes, I've done “Fun” bikes etc etc. I like all bikes, but I don't get a hard-on for any of them anymore.

But I work shifts, in London. Public transport doesn't run when I need it and a car's useless due to congestion and parking restrictions. So I need a bike and for me the MT07 hits a real sweet spot with a perfect blend of torque, power & economy.

I've no idea what I'd replace it with that wouldn't seriously compromise at least one of those areas.

Noggie

I just got mine and I think it's a keeper.
I just got this to have some fun, not planning in any tours, not for commuting or to/from work.
Just got it to go for a ride in the summer when the weather is nice.

Even if the bike is close to double the price in my country due to taxes, I paid 112.000nok (13.000€, 9500£) with some oem upgrades, it's still a cheap bike, and expensive enough as a toy.
I did want a Ducati diavel, but I can almost have 3 MT07 for the price of a diavel.

KEVINJSTANLEY

[

Even if the bike is close to double the price in my country due to taxes, I paid 112.000nok (13.000€, 9500£) with some oem upgrades, it's still a cheap bike, and expensive enough as a toy.
I did want a Ducati diavel, but I can almost have 3 MT07 for the price of a diavel.[/QUOTE]

could you have not popped into a nearby country to purchase then just reregistered the bike ?

Noggie

could you have not popped into a nearby country to purchase then just reregistered the bike ?
No. All cars/motorcycles has to pay tax.
Even if I went to another country I would still have to pay the tax to register the bike.

In 2008 I imported a -04 M3 from Germany after tax I paid roughly what a brand new M3 cost in Germany. The car was 30.000 euros, the tax was 53.000 euros, making the car cost 83.000 euros.

And30ers.
They do see a lot of Teslas here, that is because they are VAT and import tax free,which make them cost pretty much the same as in other countries. In addition you can charge it for free many places, reserved parking, free tollroads and ferries and you can drive in the bus lane.
And you get a car with performance of a car 2-3 times the cost of a Tesla (BMW M5, MB AMG 63 Audi RS), too bad the Teslas interior quality and materials is on par with a much cheaper car.
The cars in brackets are heavily taxed and cost at least twice as much as in other european countries.
In Germany you can look at the Tesla, or spend roughly the same on a BMW M5. In Norway you can spend 110.000 euros on a Tesla, or 250.000 euros on the M5.
Because of this, in Norway you can buy a Tesla, or a BMW 525d.

Hammerian

Keeper for sure nothing else mid range that i would buy in its place, Tracer does look good but wouldn't swap for it.

Ian

balki

Keeper ;) 6000 miles -of pure pleasure- in 7 months (not commuting) May get a tourer (tracer) to join it in the garage sometime in the future but no plans at the moment.

DeadHead

I'd like to try the MT-09 and compare, I can't imagine it will be any more fun than the 07.
For price point and category nothing can touch the 07, not even close.
Nope I'm keeping mine for 3years then I will look about..the way I feel about it right now though I might be keep it longer unless Yamaha have an updated model and I wanna chop it in.

tw586

5K on mine now and would never think of getting rid of it untill they make one with a faring.