Yamaha's FZ-07 and the FZ6R

ptmxtwo

I have been looking at a 2015 FZ- 07, I started wondering about it and my current FZ6R; how does the performance and handling compare...

The FZ6R engine is only 600cc; but it is an inline 4 cylinder and it has a tuned-down version of Yamaha's race bike (R6) engine..
I like Yamaha's current bikes; i think they are will built, well designed; carefully crafted by smart designers and engineers.
I really like the engine in my 2013 FZ6R. It is smooth, high revving, with plenty of torque, power, and speed (for me).

I do not like the way the FZ6R is set up; it is not upright enough for me and it just does not fit me well (its to big).
But Yamaha goes out of its way talking about the FZ6R engine and transmission.

To make the FZ6R a better fit for me, I will have to change the ergos; pull the handle bars up and a bit back.
Change the rider footpegs, a bit forward and a bit lower.
I might even have to lower the rear about 1", which means lowering the front end about an inch also
I wonder what these changes would do to the bikes geometry and the handling characteristics designed into the bike from the Yamaha engineers and designers.

Or, I could just trade for an FZ-07 and not do anything, but ride it...!
I wonder.....
Anyone out there with any opinions, preferably fact based and knowledgeable??
thank you

Torque

Get a FZ-07 and ride it. I came from a CBR600 and the FZ-07 is way more FUN, and that's a fact based on knowledge :D

D

Deleted member 20

Personally, I'm not a big fan of 4 cyl motors. I love twins and 270 degree crank parallel are light, effective, sounds good etc. The MT07 motor is a gem and the bike is 20-30 kg lighter than many competitors. MT07 just won bike of the year for second time in row by MCN.

If you like the looks and ergo, get the MT07. Want more power get the MT09 or the Tracer. Want less power get the R3 or new MT3.

robodene

Most of all try an FZ-07. I rate it way above the Yam XJ6 (4 cyl.) that I tried. Beware though, you'll want to buy if you try.

Viking

I test rode fz6n 5 years ago. It was a 2008 model and I made about 200km on it. To be honest it was too powerful for me as I was (am) unexperienced rider. I don't think the fz6 and the mt07 can compare to each other due to fz's inline 4 engine. The ergonomy was great for me as I am 183cm tall. I think anders has covered it quite well, if you want more power stick to the fz6 and do themods and if you don't mind less power and lower top speed grab the mt07 and enjoy it. It's nimble, great commuter with the perfect engine and it's very economic.

Poslano sa mog LG-H500 koristeći Tapatalk

Last edited:

Scim77

You will love the FZ-07 (MT-07). As the other guys have rightly said, it is a thoroughly fun bike and that 270 crank engine is a gem.

D

Deleted member 20

I've owned FZS 600 w. 98 hp and XJ6-N ABS. MT07 is much more fun to ride. The motor with 50% less moving parts inside feel much more willing to play. The 4 cyl is just drinking fuel and generating heat. My TDM900A has the same 270 degree twin config, also a great motor.