Anyone fitted the Gilles Tooling Billet Levers?

Deputy

I was thinking of these but anyone fitted a pair yet and how do you find them?

(Really I want them just 'cos they are nice to look at but trying to find a functional reason to justify it !)

da1kini

I was thinking of these but anyone fitted a pair yet and how do you find them?

(Really I want them just 'cos they are nice to look at but trying to find a functional reason to justify it !)
Not worth the money. The ones I have look similar and cost 75% less. And they are also made of CNC Billet. So perfect fit and feel.

Anthony

I have them. Got them cheaper than the retail price. About £100 for the pair. They have very fine adjustments around 20-30 positions you can have the span set to. They also have some very nice details and feel great. I will admit there is a lot of money going to the name. But at the right price they may be worth it for you.

da1kini

I have them. Got them cheaper than the retail price. About £100 for the pair. They have very fine adjustments around 20-30 positions you can have the span set to. They also have some very nice details and feel great. I will admit there is a lot of money going to the name. But at the right price they may be worth it for you.
Yes you have a lot more adjustments positions! And they look great but except from that its not worth original price of €160 per each. How you got them for 100 pounds for BOTH!? is a mystery but well done and then IT IS TOTALLY worth it :D

Gaz2212

Anthony

Let us know where you got them for 100 for the pair. I would ditch my cheaper levers and put these on at this price

Anthony

They are the same levers for the MT-07 as the MT-09. I found some on ebay listed for the MT-09, The person bought them for his bike but then sold the bike before fitting them. I think I paid £120 and had £20 of nectar points in my ebay account.

da1kini

They are the same levers for the MT-07 as the MT-09. I found some on ebay listed for the MT-09, The person bought them for his bike but then sold the bike before fitting them. I think I paid £120 and had £20 of nectar points in my ebay account.
Nice! And u are sure its the original? ;D

sven11

As I am a newbie can anyone advise me on the pros and cons of short levers? Believe they look better and when I think of it I use 3 fingers:rolleyes: so I am a bit confused what to get.

Thnx

bram-bram

Pics on my profile side! But heres one!

Heres link to where I bought mine. Adjustable]Adjustable Custom Brake & Clutch Levers - Sport bike Racing Parts-Performance Sportbike Custom Levers,Rear sets,Billet Mirror,Sport bike Accessories Custom Brake & Clutch Levers - Sport bike Racing Parts-Performance Sportbike Custom Levers,Rear sets,Billet Mirror,Sport bike Accessories
Don't forget to choose bike and model :D
I just got mine from rideitmoto. Nice packaging, very fast delivery. Also picture with the bonus grips included at no extra cost in the package.

da1kini

As I am a newbie can anyone advise me on the pros and cons of short levers? Believe they look better and when I think of it I use 3 fingers:rolleyes: so I am a bit confused what to get.

Thnx
PROS:
I have small to medium hands size wise so short for me is just more comfortable. And yes it looks better :)
Shorter also means it feels more robust. not as "dangly" when you pull them.

CONS: Hmmm maybe it is safer with longer?? no I don't know really :D

bram-bram

Why buy new levers,for a new bike ?
In my case I got them because I wanted adjustable clutch lever (small hands and couldn't disengage completely in an ergonomically way with the stock one) . The great looks is a big bonus. Also, I have now a backup set, in case I drop the bike :p (hopefully it won't happen :-D)

gmdeboer

Hello Anthony,

Which screen have you fitted on your mt? Do you have more photos of it?

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

da1kini

I just got mine from rideitmoto. Nice packaging, very fast delivery. Also picture with the bonus grips included at no extra cost in the package.

Did not see this post before...strange!!

You bought the long/standard length?

Nice! Have you fitted them? Fits like a glove huh? :)

sven11

Hey guys, unfortunatelly I have a problem with mine. Break lever does not return fully after a hard press (engine off) so the brake light switch does not press and shut the break light. Any idea and advice on this?

Thnx.