Best OEM tires for hot climate - Michelin PR3 or Bridgestone BT023?

pgeldz

Hey guys,

So it seems the FZ-07 here in the US either comes with the Michelin PR3 or the Bridgestone BT023 just like the rest of the world.

If you could choose, which would have the best dry grip in a very hot and dry climate?

My climate is 30C in the morning, and 40C in the afternoon, and it never rains.

I may have the ability to choose, so I'd like to choose the best tire for my environment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

- Paulie

da1kini

Hey guys,

So it seems the FZ-07 here in the US either comes with the Michelin PR3 or the Bridgestone BT023 just like the rest of the world.

If you could choose, which would have the best dry grip in a very hot and dry climate?

My climate is 30C in the morning, and 40C in the afternoon, and it never rains.

I may have the ability to choose, so I'd like to choose the best tire for my environment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

- Paulie
From what I understand the PR3 offers better overall grip (wet, slippery, cold, muddy etc) but on clean asphalt BT023 is better. More racing character to that tire maybe?

D

Deleted member 20

I would say BT023 is more fun on dry roads, and should last a bit longer.

SixaxiS007

Like the guys suggested BT023 are better choice for hot conditions. PR3 are too soft.
BT023 will last longer. Guy from Yamaha said, that PR3 in Polish climate, lasted for 15KKM on MT-09 of one of their clients, so in your termperatures I'd say PR3 are for 10KKM.

Gaulois

Like the guys suggested BT023 are better choice for hot conditions. PR3 are too soft.
BT023 will last longer. Guy from Yamaha said, that PR3 in Polish climate, lasted for 15KKM on MT-09 of one of their clients, so in your termperatures I'd say PR3 are for 10KKM.
If the PR3 is softer, it definitely will not last as long, but will have a much better grip in the curves.

SixaxiS007

Gaulois you are right. PR3 are softer, and have better grip in the corners, but won't last as long as BT023. Front BT023 tyre is built of two different rubber compounds. Harder in the middle, and softer on the edges. Both tires are enriched with silica, so they are also good in wet/cold conditions.
I've made 2,5Kkm on BT023 and I can recommend them. When the asphalt is hot, and the tires reach their working temperature they do their job perfectly. I'm happy with BT023.
I've got a puncture in my front tyre after 650km, but it has been healed by the magicians with a professional rubber bolt, and it works :D