First Warranty Claim on suspension?

Biker Bill

I think that this is the problem with buying any new model of anything: The importers have no spares inventory because they're not expecting anyone to need things like shocks for a couple of years.

My father in law had a similar issue with a new car. Doesn't help the OP, though.

I agree re the courtesy bike.
I had my suspension sorted by MCT Suspension at Stowmarket last week. For the front end they shortened the spacers on the top of the fork springs so lessening the pre load and changed the oil for something thicker. For the rear end they took out the shock, re valved it, re gassed it and fitted a stiffer spring. The result is that the front end no longer tries to rattle my fillings loose and the rear end no longer tries to bounce me out of the saddle. The cost? £400 plus vat. In my view money well spent and about the same as an after market rear shock on it's own. It has made such an improvement to the bike's handling.

The blokes at MCT Suspension know their stuff. I know a few people who have used them for various bikes from Blades to Street Triples all of them were pleased with the result. The way it works is after agreeing the fix with you, you sit in the workshop on a comfy leather settee supplied with tea whilst they get on with the work. You can check out their website at .:: Online Home Of MCT Suspension ::. I don't do the miles talked about on this thread so hopefully the Yamaha original parts will last a while.