2 Peice Leather Suit Overkill On A MT-07

• Yes

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters

D6 BRK

Hi guys

I'm looking at potentially getting a MT-07 in the next month or so.
I just wondered your view on wearing a 2 peice leather suit on one, given the style of bike.

I realise this may be a silly question but please be kind ;)

Cheers

Danny

badger27

I went 2 piece fabric rst . But leather would offer more protection which is the main thing. I will probably get leathers when the pocket allows

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

dazzor

It's a personal thing mate. Leather's still top of the pops when it comes to abrasion protection....I think.

Personally, I stopped wearing leathers years ago. Textiles have come a long way, in terms of looks, fit and how well they protect....waterproofing is nice too. Waterproof leather is about but I'm not sure how good it is.

I wear the wolf titanium gear, I think it looks good, fits well and is hard wearing.

Rukka gloves, Daytona road star boots, job done.

Leathers are great and can look very nice, it's up to the individual.

allyw71

I also stopped wearing leather years ago, I now wear a textile jacket and textile trousers, when it warms up I wear Kevlar jeans, and when it gets really hot I've been known to wear nothing more than shorts, t-shirt and trainers.
I await with baited breath for the chastisement to begin :D

dazzor

I also stopped wearing leather years ago, I now wear a textile jacket and textile trousers, when it warms up I wear Kevlar jeans, and when it gets really hot I've been known to wear nothing more than shorts, t-shirt and trainers.
I await with baited breath for the chastisement to begin :D
I too have, in the past, done the zero protection thing due to hot weather....then I had kids.

Kids, for me, changed many things, this being one of them. To each their own.

D

Deleted member 20

For me it is

Summer: Dainese lether pants and jacket, zipped together.
Bad weather, rain and cold: Richa Spirit textile pants and jacket, zipped together.
Cold, intermediate or warm weather gloves.
Same helmet & boots all year round.

da1kini

Nice.

I just wear an oxford hi-viz bib over my wolf titanium sport jacket.

Day-Glo gear gets filthy quickly....with a cheap bib, you can just throw it in the washing machine...can't really do that when it's part of a jacket....can you?
Its not glowing its just fluorescent or how its spelled and yes you can wash that jacket. Its a 3piece jacket for all year around :)

amavro

I use dainese leather speed naked jacket and kevlar nevada dainese jeans . When it's too hot I use the dainese air frazer jacket .(Greece ) .for shoes I use sidi nitro boots .....
Jesus akyros sandals !! :) Οπα ρε μεγαλε

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dazzor

no worries i rode a tuono for 8 yrs wih sandals in summer :) mt is like a bicycle compared to the rsv
It's all hurts the same mate. Came off a blade once with little more than scratches....came off a street triple and got busted up pretty good.

180kg's of metal and plastic capable of well over a ton....enough said.

Sorry, I've seen some horrible accidents in my tenure on bikes.

pengjn

RST Blade leather jacket and RST R14 leather jeans. I have textiles too but from what I understand leather has greater abrasion resistance to even the best textiles, so it's leather all the way for me. And a high-viz Hit-Air MLV-P airbag vest. I'm not concerned about the look, i'm concerned about giving my body the best protection possible should the worst happen.

Phil_B

Textiles are definitely more comfortable and better for a variety of weathers. But leather feels more robust and catches less wind if it fits properly.

Got a hein gericke textile and leather jacket. (Bargains from when they were close to closing)...

I've only owned and ridden in textile trousers, but have a barely used pair of HG leather trousers due on Monday from ebay. I'll give you my opinion of full leathers vs. Textiles after they arrive.

Boots and gloves alpinestars all the way for me. Good protection and feel! I've got a pair of 3 season goretex hein gericke gloves that I learned in, took a ride in them today and the lack of feel is dreadful!

Last edited: