MT-07 Long termer in MCN

sdrio

207 miles between fillups? Maybe at 60mph on a motorway, with a tailwind.

And how did they give it 5/5 for equipment? It doesn't have any, which is why Yamaha have a catalogue of more than 50 items you can buy to finish the bike properly.

Ralph

207 miles between fillups? Maybe at 60mph on a motorway, with a tailwind.

And how did they give it 5/5 for equipment? It doesn't have any, which is why Yamaha have a catalogue of more than 50 items you can buy to finish the bike properly.
I suppose they are comparing like for like, ie no frills bargain basement end of the sector it's in, many rags give good write ups to the NC700 Honda frankly it's the worst motorcycle
I ever rode, but others will love it luckily we don't all feel the same way about the same things, and we have to take what is written about things with the knowledge that they
cant slate anything to much as the want to get other stuff to test.

sdrio

I suppose they are comparing like for like, ie no frills bargain basement end of the sector it's in, many rags give good write ups to the NC700 Honda frankly it's the worst motorcycle
I ever rode, but others will love it luckily we don't all feel the same way about the same things, and we have to take what is written about things with the knowledge that they
cant slate anything to much as the want to get other stuff to test.
Yes, that's what worries me about these commercial reviewers. The web has changed that a lot, if I want info on something, I look for reviews online from unbiased owners.

Having said that, when I bought the MT07, there wasn't much about, as it was new.

Also, why do these reviewers have to write about wheelying in every single review? Is there anyone out there who thinks the MT07 can't do a wheelie?

Ralph

Problem with a lot of reviewers is that they get to ride lot's of very expensive and powerful motorcycles
that are near what is possible at any price so when they are suddenly faced with a bike with only 74 hp
and a basic chassis it feels like they have been give a bamboo rickshaw to test, having said that even
reading between the lines I have not seen a test of the 07 that the testers did not seem to like, I don't do
tests but do sometimes do the pics for a mate that does the odd freelance test that get published, I will
when I get mine see what he makes of it.

P

Peter

BTW wheelie:

My bike can not rise its front in second gear. I feel it gets lighter but in normal riding position no wheelie.
I suspect my arms and legs are short so the COG is a bit closer to the front than other riders.

I don't care about it at all but strange.

The Fleet

BTW wheelie:

My bike can not rise its front in second gear. I feel it gets lighter but in normal riding position no wheelie.
I suspect my arms and legs are short so the COG is a bit closer to the front than other riders.

I don't care about it at all but strange.
I can only wheelie using the clutch, never had a power wheelie (maybe if the chain is over tightened)

sdrio

I can only wheelie using the clutch, never had a power wheelie (maybe if the chain is over tightened)
Mine does it easily in 1st, and I can get it waggling around if I'm being too boisterous in 2nd.

I'm a bit too old for wheelying now, but if it does it accidentally, you know, I'm not going to worry too much :D

KristianJeppe

Couldn't get the demo bike to wheelie unless i was all the way back in the seat and helping a little.
Guessing the testers aren't real men.
Proud member of the 0.1 tonnes club. :p

Paulmt07

I have found that if I close the throttle in second so as the front end drops then open the throttle quickly it is possible to get the front end up in second. It may take a few goes to get the hang of it but it is possible without the clutch. By the way I am 16 stone so not exactly light

DJP

Mine does it easily in 1st, and I can get it waggling around if I'm being too boisterous in 2nd.

I'm a bit too old for wheelying now, but if it does it accidentally, you know, I'm not going to worry too much :D
This^^.

I have found that if I close the throttle in second so as the front end drops then open the throttle quickly it is possible to get the front end up in second. It may take a few goes to get the hang of it but it is possible without the clutch. By the way I am 16 stone so not exactly light
And this^^.

I've found that mine wheelies easily in 1st and does it 2nd, exiting bends, if I get on the throttle too enthusiastically.

I'm not a wheelie merchant either, but if it happens I'm not exactly crying about it! :D

I'm 15 stone btw.

yes the bouncy rear suspension lets the bike down when pushing hard. i did notice this on a trackday when i had the chance to test the bike before i bought one and this is what visordown were complaining about. but they werent complaining when their test rider was quicker on the mt-07 than the ducati panigale. few reviewers forget the bike is built on the cheap and not a high end superbike so things like the rear shock wont be ohlins and will suffer. but if your wanting to push the bike hard you'll buy a better shock wont you.
personally im finding the mt a great bike. ive had gsxr's,fireblades from 600's to 1000 and raced them. the mt just is a fun bike to ride.