My Radiator guard

Mikce

Hello everyone.

I started making my radiator grill today. It´s made of 2 mm aluminium. Wanted something "different" so i started with this design, but i´m not 100% pleased with It. What do you think?
20140621_203215.jpg
20140621_203249.jpg

da1kini

Hello everyone.

I started making my radiator grill today. It´s made of 2 mm aluminium. Wanted something "different" so i started with this design, but i´m not 100% pleased with It. What do you think?

Looks good but you kill to much air flow..make more holes!

Mikce

I to think It needs some more airholes. Making a new model tomorrow with red mesh behind it ,,,,I think :)

sdrio

That looks great. First thing I thought was the same though - that's half the airflow blocked. Would be interested to see what version 2 looks like.

Wonder if you can get it anodised? If they could be matched to the highlight color of the bike, could look really cool as well.

marekmechl

Yes, I have this one and it is great, it covers the whole radiator and looks nice.

BUT

It is not compatible with original Yamaha metal side covers !

Here is photo : Dopl

blueglue

Anyone know or had experience about this guard?
http://www.evotech-performance.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/y/a/yamaha-mt-07-radiator-guard-website.jpg

Can you mount the Yamaha original after market metal sides over this one?
da1kini it appears from the second post on this thread the evotech cover cannot be used with the aftermarket yamaha side covers. I have the evotech guard and its fine with the original black plastic ones.

edit: oops forgot the link!

http://www.motorcycle-talk.net/forum/mt-07-fz-07-modifications/338-fitting-radiator-guard-covers.html?highlight=radiator

Last edited:

blueglue

Mikce I like you guard but as the others have said it looks like it should have a few more holes. Although i would imagine a few runs out on the bike will prove it either way. I think as long as your at 80-90c whilst riding you should be fine.

da1kini

da1kini it appears from the second post on this thread the evotech cover cannot be used with the aftermarket yamaha side covers. I have the evotech guard and its fine with the original black plastic ones.

edit: oops forgot the link!

http://www.motorcycle-talk.net/forum/mt-07-fz-07-modifications/338-fitting-radiator-guard-covers.html?highlight=radiator
Damn, well I don't think the plastic side covers are that bad so I stick with the ordered radiator guard :)

And who knows, maybe theres a way to fix them both if you modify them slightly!

Mikce

The cnc router on my work has broken. A workfriend chrashed it so there won´t be an update on this until the end of the summer. But the design is allmost finished :)
Matt black finisch with red mesh net behind it. I think im also going to make my own flyscreen of poly, because I haven´t find anyone I like.

da1kini

The cnc router on my work has broken. A workfriend chrashed it so there won´t be an update on this until the end of the summer. But the design is allmost finished :)
Matt black finisch with red mesh net behind it. I think im also going to make my own flyscreen of poly, because I haven´t find anyone I like.
If you make a nice flyscreen maybe I can order one from you :D

SixaxiS007

Guys from Yamaha POLandPOSITION in Warsaw have fitted me with Evotech Performance radiator guard. Looks nice, and till now (after almost 2,5KKM) I can't see any damage on the radiator.
Evotech Product Ref: bun001496
Ane the picture of it below:DSC_0314.jpg

da1kini

Guys from Yamaha POLandPOSITION in Warsaw have fitted me with Evotech Performance radiator guard. Looks nice, and till now (after almost 2,5KKM) I can't see any damage on the radiator.
Evotech Product Ref: bun001496
Ane the picture of it below:View attachment 599
Looks great! I have the same and no difference in cooling capabilities either ! :D