Ticking noise from the engine when idling

tose_gtx

I have past 2000km with my Mt07 and i have sound coming from the engine when idling.It's like ticking sound coming from the cylinder head,valves or chain (could not detect correctly ) Hearing it with a stethoscope was also trouble because i can hear noises from everywhere.
I could not detect the sound before my first service (also they have used Yamalube 15W50 on first service,and i can not find the same oil in the manual)
At the dealer service they told me that the sound is normal and it's coming form the injectors, but I doubt that (this is like a metallic sound very similar to the case with the MT09 FZ09 noisy cam chain tensioner 'fix' - YouTube ).

Has somebody experience this issue with MT07?

da1kini

I have past 2000km with my Mt07 and i have sound coming from the engine when idling.It's like ticking sound coming from the cylinder head,valves or chain (could not detect correctly ) Hearing it with a stethoscope was also trouble because i can hear noises from everywhere.
I could not detect the sound before my first service (also they have used Yamalube 15W50 on first service,and i can not find the same oil in the manual)
At the dealer service they told me that the sound is normal and it's coming form the injectors, but I doubt that (this is like a metallic sound very similar to the case with the MT09 FZ09 noisy cam chain tensioner 'fix' - YouTube ).

Has somebody experience this issue with MT07?
Mine also has a ticking metallic sound. My mechanic said it sounded normal. I think we hear a lot of noises cause the silencer is so damn quiet! So I don't think you need to worry to much.

tose_gtx

Bad Request this is the solution for "fixing" the noise,but I'm searching some other else.
Does anyone have professional technical literature for the engine of MT07?

S-H

I have only 580 km and i start to hear the ticking !! I have the same problem but still didn't go to the dealer yet , i really don't know if it's normal or not !!? Are you still experiencing the same problem? Please let me know if there is any solution !!

tose_gtx

I will contact the dealer again,and if i get the explanation that "everything is normal ,this is how they work" i will try something first with the chain tensioner.