Trade 2007 Kawasaki 650R Ninja for 2014 Yamaha FZ-07?

William

:D What first got me excited about the FZ-07 was a caption of an article that stated, "The Modern Day Yamaha RD 350". Although I never owned an RD350, I did own a 1977 Yamaha RD 400 that has been my favorite bike to this day. It wasn't the fastest bike, but it was light and quick as a cat, and that's what I loved so much about that bike. Anyway right now I have a 2007 passion red Kawasaki 650R Ninja which is a good bike in its own right. What would be the advantages trading for the FZ-07? Does it have a faster 0-60 time? If so, is that why they call the FZ-07 the modern day RD 350? Thank you.

sdrio

I don't know why they call it that (or who calls it that?). I had an RD250 and 350 in the 80's. It's light and quick, as you say, but so are 100 other bikes.

Probably just a journalist stuck for anything meaningful to write.

Curly

"It wasn't the fastest bike, but it was light and quick as a cat, and that's what I loved so much about that bike".

I believe you answered your own question. Back in '73 you could have bought a Honda 750 Four or a Z1 Kawasaki but those were big heavy bikes. The RD350 was the Giant Killer that allowed you to have most of the fun of big fast bikes but in a light, nimble and affordable package. If you had decent riding skills you just could ride around those big bikes in the twisties too. That looks to me like the same concept for the MT/FZ-07.

Guy

L

Lonerider

I rode a RZ350. The concept was a little bike that perform like a bigger one, all that at the lower cost (not cheap). I think the concept goes for the MT/FZ-07.

William

I rode a RZ350. The concept was a little bike that perform like a bigger one, all that at the lower cost (not cheap). I think the concept goes for the MT/FZ-07.
You showed that you used to have a SV650S. How does the FZ-07 compare to the SV? Thanks.