Yamaha soft luggage and touring bits

Phil_B

I have been tempted to spend out on some luggage capabilities for my MT to allow some longer trips.

My initial thinking is that the yam soft side panniers and a kreiga 10 and 20 set for the back seat might be my best option without permenantly modifying. But there is also the tank bag/map holder to consider, and perhaps gps/phone holders.

The cost of all this is starting to add up however!

Has anyone looked into or got any of these accessories? Do you rate them? Are they any good or should I just buy a tiger or v strom in touring trim :-D

Also, more generally are sat navs the best way to get around or will a map suffice?

Last edited:

timo

Hi Phil

I have tank bag map holder find it great. Some dont like the mount but i think it looks ok. I am also looking for seat bag.

eriks

Kriega US20 tailbag and Icon Squad3 backpack are my weekend trip luggages. Both are excellent for value and for usage simplicity.

asdxtc

hepco sport rack,swaps with pillion seat,then emgo travel trunk when needed and any roll bag or tail pack on top of the emgo,s givi style 12x9 inch base plate. with the box directly behind you it keeps it looking tidy and handling sweet...just a little awkward to mount the bike..and with the large base plate you extend your soft luggage options without paint scuffing .

asdxtc

regarding sat nav,s, great in a van at work or finding an event or one location.For touring i allways use a map.you end up with a much greater awareness of where you are and how you got there and next time you are more likely to remember how you got there.Anyway you will need to stop on the mt cuz your ass is numb so you may as well go the map option and plan the next twisty road section of your journey whilst recovering.
If you take a sat nav touring you will still need a map anyway for a quick overview of the area you want to explore.
if you think you need a touring bike for distance check out"ed march".