ABS vs non-ABS dash

CBmoto

Hey all,

I foolishly bought a bike in a bout of desperation. As you would expect it has a sordid past. Some clown replaced the dash on my ABS MT07 with a non-ABS version on the dash. There is a difference.

The different dash models measure the speed and distance travelled in a different way so my dash was showing 30% slower speeds and less distance travelled. I've got a loaner dash meant for my ABS bike and the issue is corrected.

So now I'm cursing the mechanic who did this job and myself for getting into this mess.

Anyhow, it seems like I'll need to order the correct dash, about 400$, and I'll have an extra dash for a non-ABS bike. Do you guys know how common the non ABS MT/FZ models are? Is there a second hand part market for this used dash so I'm not sitting so deep in the hole?

Eddieh93

I have a non-ABS, I assume people would go for the ABS version though as its becoming mandatory from next year, all bikes will have ABS.

lcman

It's a "Buy it now" auction at £85.00 or about 1689.92 South Korean Won which in the UK is a good price.

djuges2014

Hey all,

I foolishly bought a bike in a bout of desperation. As you would expect it has a sordid past. Some clown replaced the dash on my ABS MT07 with a non-ABS version on the dash. There is a difference.

The different dash models measure the speed and distance travelled in a different way so my dash was showing 30% slower speeds and less distance travelled. I've got a loaner dash meant for my ABS bike and the issue is corrected.

So now I'm cursing the mechanic who did this job and myself for getting into this mess.

Anyhow, it seems like I'll need to order the correct dash, about 400$, and I'll have an extra dash for a non-ABS bike. Do you guys know how common the non ABS MT/FZ models are? Is there a second hand part market for this used dash so I'm not sitting so deep in the hole?
In the US, only the non-ABS version of the FZ-07 is sold. If shipping was not so prohibitive, you could probably sell it here