akrapovic exhaust

Yam MT 07

hi everybody , has anyone fitted the akrapovic exhaust themselves ? are there any problems to encounter whilst fitting ? how about any fueling modifications , do they need to be made or will the bike run ok with no modifications ? and finally who is selling them for the best price and has got them in stock ? cheers all

cosmikdebriis

I should imagine the Akra uses the same mounting points as the standard system so check out my thread on exhaust removal and just do the same but in reverse.

I stand to be corrected though.

da1kini

hi everybody , has anyone fitted the akrapovic exhaust themselves ? are there any problems to encounter whilst fitting ? how about any fueling modifications , do they need to be made or will the bike run ok with no modifications ? and finally who is selling them for the best price and has got them in stock ? cheers all
Far as I know. You pay that extra expensive price because it is made specially for this bike so no modifications should be necessary.

bones

easy to fit and remove but I found the bike doesn't run very well unless you also purchase the cat !!!
once my cat arrived and I refitted it runs perfect :))

Far as I know. You pay that extra expensive price because it is made specially for this bike so no modifications should be necessary.

Yam MT 07

thanks for the info everybody , just need to find someone selling them at a reasonable price !! my local dealer gave me a special price for the exhaust and the cat ( because I purchased the bike from them ) of £900 but he did say that it included free fitting !!!!!!!!! :(

cosmikdebriis

Bloody Hell... I'd fit it for forty quid !!!

It only takes twenty minutes and probably half that if you get the right tools ready first.

Of course the Arrow is only five hundred quid delivered (though without cat and bit more fiddly to fit) On the other hand I carry some circlip pliers under the seat and can take the DB Killer/baffle out and stick it back in in under thirty seconds including taking the seat off to get the pliers out.

Last edited:
P

Peter

Ordered my Akra 3 weeks ago. Price is approx 785 included cat. This is a special price, got 10% discount.
I will fit it by myself. Expected delivery is end of July.

To fit your new exhaust you need new gaskets. It is not recommended to keep the original, buy a new pair of it.

cosmikdebriis

To fit your new exhaust you need new gaskets. It is not recommended to keep the original, buy a new pair of it.
Yes and no... Bear in mind none of us are likely to have owned the bike for long or done high mileage. Also. when I took mine off the nuts on the manifold studs were pretty loose. I re used the gaskets without a problem.

P

Peter

Disagree. It doesn't matter the mileage. The gasket deforming during the installation. You have to change it even if you fit back the same exhaust. You may have luck but this is the rule. The gasket is cheap, change it.

Yam MT 07

just checked yamabits , total is £818.88 - exhaust £790.48 , cat £69.99 and £28.40 standard royal mail delivery . aaaaarrrrrggggg I need it cheaper !!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Irksome

Has anyone seen a carbon one yet / got that price - I thought it was going to be cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueglue

Has anyone seen a carbon one yet / got that price - I thought it was going to be cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some shops outside the UK are saying the carbon will be about 130 euros cheaper than the titanium so i would say around a £100 cheaper in reality.

example here: Scarichi

sdrio

I know it looks like I'm trolling, but I'm not.

Can anyone explain what is the advantage of this exhaust?

I know it sounds different, but is there anything more than that? It's more than 15% of the cost of the bike.