akrapovic exhaust

blueglue

I know it looks like I'm trolling, but I'm not.

Can anyone explain what is the advantage of this exhaust?

I know it sounds different, but is there anything more than that? It's more than 15% of the cost of the bike.
So it can turn every commute into a remake of mad max

Oh and it has these benefits

Capture.JPG

blueglue

Sweet lordy!

Capture2.jpg

It seems to level out that flat spot between 4 and 6k but you can interpret these things however you want i suppose.

Last edited:

da1kini

I know it looks like I'm trolling, but I'm not.

Can anyone explain what is the advantage of this exhaust?

I know it sounds different, but is there anything more than that? It's more than 15% of the cost of the bike.
except cool look, sound and less weight you get 3hp more :) not worth the cost but hell I want one anyway!

Ralph

Not seen one for the 07 yet but the one for the 09 is absolutely beautifully made,
I know it should be for the price but wish I could weld like that.

McCracken

>Blueglue

Is that the Akrapovic or some other brand ?, are the figures with or without cat ? Db killer ? lots of questions :D

I like the drawings, maybe some guy from the manufacture made them in paint ? anyway, i would not take them to seriously, in most cases aftermarket exhaust make the bike run less good than stock. The ECU simply cannot compensate for the change air flow. -Hence why you get a power commander to fix what becomes broken.(This is in "most" cases, i cannot say if its the case with the MT 07 as with most other)

I was lucky to hear the Mt 07 with akra with db.killer the other day, ufff...it sounds A-BLODY-MAZING :p no need to take out the DB killer if you ask me, it was plenty loud and well sounding. It did not have the cat installed btw.

da1kini

>Blueglue

Is that the Akrapovic or some other brand ?, are the figures with or without cat ? Db killer ? lots of questions :D

I like the drawings, maybe some guy from the manufacture made them in paint ? anyway, i would not take them to seriously, in most cases aftermarket exhaust make the bike run less good than stock. The ECU simply cannot compensate for the change air flow. -Hence why you get a power commander to fix what becomes broken.(This is in "most" cases, i cannot say if its the case with the MT 07 as with most other)

I was lucky to hear the Mt 07 with akra with db.killer the other day, ufff...it sounds A-BLODY-MAZING :p no need to take out the DB killer if you ask me, it was plenty loud and well sounding. It did not have the cat installed btw.
This Akrapovic is made for this bike and the price is there after. No loss in power(actually a few HP gained) and less weight and more torque. Think it safe to say that this after market exhaust is making the MT 07 run better and sound awesome. No way Yamaha would launch a after market product on their own site that makes the bike run less good....

RotaryFZ07

This Akrapovic is made for this bike and the price is there after. No loss in power(actually a few HP gained) and less weight and more torque. Think it safe to say that this after market exhaust is making the MT 07 run better and sound awesome. No way Yamaha would launch a after market product on their own site that makes the bike run less good....
I'm confused. So are there kits with cat and some without ?

Wouldn't it be best to get the one with catalytic converter

da1kini

I'm confused. So are there kits with cat and some without ?

Wouldn't it be best to get the one with catalytic converter
They provide it with cat optional cause some would like to race it. But for driving in the streets you need the cat installed! They sell the cat separate that is.

blueglue

>Blueglue

Its all on the official Akrapovic website mate. The document tabs are towards the bottom right :eek:

Official Akrapovic MT-07