Anybody using GP shifting pattern?

PedroPat

Hi folks

After racing for a few years I changed over to a GP shift pattern. I still plan to do a limited amount of club racing and plenty of track days on my GSXR. It would be to much trouble to keep the standard shift pattern on the FZ-07 I plan to get. Does anybody have a mod or using GP shift pattern on their FZ-07?

Thanks

allyw71

You just turn the clamp on the selector spline 180 degrees and it reverses the shift pattern, e.g. up for first and down for all the rest. It's more commonly known as a race pattern.

PedroPat

You just turn the clamp on the selector spline 180 degrees and it reverses the shift pattern, e.g. up for first and down for all the rest. It's more commonly known as a race pattern.
Thanks, I was hoping that would be all I have to do, just like my GSXR. I have a buddy with a FZ-09 and it's not possible to turn the clamp in order to get the GP shift pattern. It looks like that won't be a problem on the FZ-07.

DredFul

Sounds interesting. Does it affect clutchless shifting?

allyw71

Just had a look at cal66's bike, and it's not going to be as straight forward as I first thought. A little engineering/fabrication will be required to make this work.

PedroPat

Sounds interesting. Does it affect clutchless shifting?
It's a personal preference thing. Most racers use this pattern. There are a few turns on the track where I don't use the clutch. Pushing down to go up a gear works better for me. If I just rode on the street I would use the stock setup.

PedroPat