Arrow "shortie" exhaust concerns and discussion.

cosmikdebriis

Nope, that is exactly what I meant. I was told that if I went to another YAMAHA dealer with a warranty claim and an aftermarket exhaust other than Akrapovic, I would probably not be successful in that claim. I know this sounds a lot like the dealer trying to get me to buy it from him but to be honest I would not be the least bit surprised if YAMAHA did indeed consider the warranty void if you had an aftermarket exhaust fitted without their "approval". It's the same with insurance companies: any excuse is a good excuse to not pay the money!
Erm... Well if you need to make a warranty claim... Just re fit the old system before taking your bike to the dealer.

Your dealer (presumably) wants to sell you another bike at some point so it's not really in his interest to dispute your claim. Especially if that's likely to piss you off enough to go somewhere else next time. They also get paid to fix your bike so why would they want to turn the business away?

Don't confuse your dealer with "Yamaha". No doubt Yamaha would try and wriggle out of anything they could but your dealer is your (hopefully) friendly go between. So unless it's blindingly obvious, I'm sure they would be prepared to "overlook" the odd "discrepancy" in policy.

user1

with apologies to all ...

I hate to sound like Hillary Clinton when questioned by the US Congress about the massacre at Bengazi, Libya; her resonse was something like: "What difference does it make.."

if one looks at the before and after "dyno" data that some exhaust manufacturers post, the performance gains from even the best systems around average about 3.o% !!!!

Libya - The New York Times

Last edited: