Bike available in the UK: 31st July delivery, Competition White, ABS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pengjn

Dear all,

This weekend was a real surprise to me. I passed my UK mod 2 on Friday (much happiness) and rode my Yamaha dealer's MT-07 demo bike. I've had a Competition White ABS model on order since May, which is finally being delivered to Yamaha UK on 31st July. There is a lot that I loved about it - the engine is simply incredible; any gear, any revs and you're GONE!!! It made me want to ride like a hooligan, which is a lot of fun but doesn't suit me. I wasn't able to ride super smoothly, which is in part due to my lack of experience overall and I guess particularly on twins. However, I want something that i don't need to concentrate too hard on to be smooth even when I am more experienced. I'm 39, perhaps I'm getting a little bit boring and I've taken up riding for pleasure not commuting or a lot of urban work. I'm going to be spending my time in the countryside and hopefully crushing continents. The little Yam isn't designed for that kind of work. Saturday afternoon I tried a CBR650F and couldn't stand it - DULL, DULL, DULL. I'm a beginner and yet I was almost asleep on the thing compared to the torquey MT-07. Sunday morning is where the trouble started - i'd been reading about the Ducati Multistrada 1200 and i figured there was no way a beginner could handle it. After 5 mins on the bike i was thinking to myself - this is the most user friendly, smooth, easy to ride bike i've ever ridden (mind you I've only ridden YBR125, CBF125, KTM400, XJ6, MT-07 and CBR650F so far) and yet it's got 150hp (or 100hp if you put it in Urban mode, which i always do)! It made me feel in control, confident and dominating. I bought it on the spot and went back on the train in the afternoon to collect it!! I'm totally in love with it in a way that I'm just not with the MT-07.

I haven't yet broken to the news to my Yamaha dealer. I'm sure he'll be fine with it because there is such high demand and perhaps he already has a waiting list that will snap up my order. However, i wanted to see if anyone on here was interested and if there is I'll happily put you in touch with my dealer and you can perhaps get my bike, which will be delivered to Yamaha UK on 31st July and be ready for collection sometime in the first week of August.

Please message me if you're interested and I'll get the ball rolling.

Thanks for all the support and advice over the past couple of months. I'm still a little bit in shock that I'm suddenly a Multistrada owner, especially as it's my first bike!!!
IMG_6268.jpg

sdrio

I looked at those, but they were a bit pricey for me. It's a fantastic bike, and if you;re planning on doing a lot of long distance runs, I don't think you've made a bad choice.

allyw71

I thought long and hard about one of those myself, lovely looking machine with huge power and great handling. But I decided to stick with the Tiger for the time being, as it suits my needs perfectly right now.

As a first bike for a new rider its quite a beast, take it easy and look after yourself.

Phil_B

It's a lovely bike Pengjn. I hope you enjoy it and it is ok to ride and handle.

I know what you mean about the MT, it's been a superb 1st bike to get my confidence up on after passing my test last October and a 6 month layoff, since March I've done over 2000 miles of commuting a scratching. On the whole smoothness and rideability are good. But whilst it's an excellent commuter and for blasting about on I'd struggle to ride for long distances and it does seem to egg you on a bit!

Ear plugs and a buff (even in summer) have helped with perceived refinement a lot, but I'd still love something like a v strom, tiger 800 or BM for more sort of relaxed or touring riding.

pengjn

Thanks for all the comments, really glad that people are supportive because it was a big decision. I'm being very careful and being on the big Ducati seems to help me ride in a more grown up way somehow, which is positive. The MT is a little rascal that just begs to be ridden fast and loose somehow.

No-one want to seize the opportunity to grab my bike order before the dealer sells it to someone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i recently tested the new monster and was very surprised by how much better ducati's have become. longer service intervals and the electrics seem to be much better quality. also the days of expensive belt changes are long gone. also ducati provided a smaller seat so i could get both feet down which was impressive. but having already tested the MT i decided against the ducati just on price. but i have to admit, since audi have been getting involved they seem to be much better bikes.

Irksome

Thanks for all the comments, really glad that people are supportive because it was a big decision. I'm being very careful and being on the big Ducati seems to help me ride in a more grown up way somehow, which is positive. The MT is a little rascal that just begs to be ridden fast and loose somehow.

No-one want to seize the opportunity to grab my bike order before the dealer sells it to someone else?

Which dealer? PM me details if you would prefer!

Lex_Lee

Hey Pengjn -I sent you a PM. Hope to hear back. Many thanks

pengjn

Bike is Lex's now. Sorry for not updating the thread earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.