Bike Safe course

jimyu

I was thinking of booking on the Bike Safe police course as I hear alot of good things.

....however I was wondering if I rock up with my akra (without DB killer) and not quite legal number plate size are they going to 1) turn me away 2) get legal on me!!

Thanks

bypasser

RTFM. terms and conditions on the website state "You will need legitimate access to a road legal, roadworthy motorcycle or scooter." So they'll have right to refuse you, maybe at loss of your payment if they only find out on the day so ask first?

Don't imagine they'll book you for anything then and there as they are trying to encourage good riding not catch people. Maybe they'd turn a blind eye to the plate (supposing it's not ridiculously small?) But can't imagine they'll stomach riding behind such a loud pipe given that it's not legal?

addy

Pretty sure you will be fine as long as your plate isn't ridiculously small but I would put you db killer back in just to be respectful.

Gee

Yep, DBK back in. Dont worry about the plate as long as its not taking the piss.

Some of the bikes ive seen doing bike safe in my area tho, are, shall we say, less than kosha :)