billet rad covers with rad guard ?

Yam MT 07

hello everyone , has anybody fitted the genuine Yamaha billet aluminium radiator side covers with an aftermarket radiator guard ? if so then which one of the radiator guards is the most compatible or best fitting with the side guards ? cheers all ;)

Yam MT 07

cheers gaz , thanks for the info , do any of the other guards cover the silver top / bottom part of the rad ?

Gaz2212

Managed to do it, the only rad guard I have found that will work is the r g racing one

It is awkward to get the holes to line up but it can be done, you need to fit the side guards over the top of the rad guard

I will get a picture uploaded tomorrow for you

Gaz2212

Sorry thought original post didn't work

All the other guards seem to mount and screw on from the outside so this stops you fitting the billet sides

get some high temp black paint for the rad if your worried about it. it is a pain i know but the r&g one is the only one so far which lets you use the billet covers

mrirvs

I already have an infinite rad guard but I like the idea of being able to use the billet covers too, which won't fit.

Wonder if you can get race-blu (ish) high temp paint? :)

Hey bluemachine think I may have seen you around Farnborough, have you got a Fabbi X small screen like mine? :)

I already have an infinite rad guard but I like the idea of being able to use the billet covers too, which won't fit.

Wonder if you can get race-blu (ish) high temp paint? :)

Hey bluemachine think I may have seen you around Farnborough, have you got a Fabbi X small screen like mine? :)
yes you have that is me. still running it in so taking it easy. for the high temp paint it maybe available in that colour or maybe possible to get it mixed into the colour needed without to much expense.

Yam MT 07

hello gaz , thanks for the photo of your rad guard and side covers , shows everything clearly , cheers again