Changing head light

yoav.b.cohen

Hey, I wonder if you guys can help me.
I want to change my MT07 headlight from that stock yellow light to a more white brighter one. In my country XENON and HID kits are not allowed.
Is there a light bulb replacement for the headlight that will give me that bright white color and wont melt the lens?
Thank you

Read more:*Changing headlight bulb | FZ-07 Forums

D

Deleted member 20

Replacing the H4 bulb will make a huge improvement, I do it all the time for both H7 and H4 on all my cars and bikes.
I have used Philips Xtreme Vision and Osram Night Breaker Unlimited, both are excellent from own experence. Have never used the Night Racer.
The Osram Night Racer 110 is bike specific (single pack, claimed more durable), but reading and comparing the specs between the two Osrams there is no difference.

I buy them cheap on eBay in Germany.

I also replace the W5W parking light bulb to Philips Xtreme Vision W5W LED on my bikes, much whiter and more light.
I have never tried more powerful W5W LEDs like 3/5/7 watts from non-name brands.

Last edited by a moderator:

goloso_b

Are the Philips W5W interchangeable with the stock bulbs as they are, or do you need anything extra to fit them?

D

Deleted member 20

Are the Philips W5W interchangeable with the stock bulbs as they are, or do you need anything extra to fit them?
No mods required, just replace, it's a 5 min job.
Note! that LEDs need +12V and ground in the right direction, measure in the W5W socket which one is +12V and mark that cable with red tape or something so you don't ever need to measure again. The LED bulb has red marking on the +12V side.

Phil_B

Having re inspected the hand book I've bought myself an upgrade Bosch H4 bulb so will have a go at fitting tomorrow. Looks easy enough. The handbook talks about re levelling the headlight but I don't see how it's possible to misalign it since the top screws and bottom bracket are fixed???

Phil_B

Changed the bulb yesterday. Not a difficult job. Slightly more steps as my screen and its mounts were in the way!

Although the original bulb came out with a Phillips marking I'd still recommend the change!

SirLightyear

I am also about to buy a new bulb... so the changing process isn't difficult? Do I need to study something first or is it so easy that I will find out only by looking at the bike like other modifications such as when I mounted new clutch/break levers? (which look awesome by the way - race blue)

tw586

I tried the Philips City Vision +40% ( for motorcycles) and have found it much better than the stock

SirLightyear

I changed my bulb for Osram Cool Blue intense. I just wanted the light to look whiter because I didn't like the yellow color. It still isn't totally white and even though it is supposed to be buleish, I didn't manage to notice any. It also provides better visibility than the strong one.

Is someone thinking about changing the parking light too? I saw someone talking about it before but I didn't really catch how to do it

D

Deleted member 20

Philips Xtreme Vision T10 LED comes in two light colour temperatures, 4000 and 6000 K. Just replace, situated 5 cm under the H4.

ReGo

Hey guys, I'm an absolute noob when it comes to this sort of technical stuff so hear me out:
I really want to replace my standard bulbs for Philips Xtreme Vision. Looking at the manual it doesn't say anything about which bulbs are there and what type they are (is it safe to assume that H4, H7 and W5W are different categories of light bulbs? Maybe: H4 = Main Light; H7 = Full Beam; W5W = Parking Light?). So my question is: How many headlight white light bulbs are there on the MT-07? Is it 3: H4, H7 and W5W? Will it look weird if I just replace the H4? Or should I order all 3?
Thanks a lot for the help!

goloso_b

One H4 and one W5W. The H4s have high and low beam filaments in one bulb. H7s are single filament bulbs.

jacur

No mods required, just replace, it's a 5 min job.
Note! that LEDs need +12V and ground in the right direction, measure in the W5W socket which one is +12V and mark that cable with red tape or something so you don't ever need to measure again. The LED bulb has red marking on the +12V side.
Hi Anders maybe its a silly question but how do i check which cable is +12v?