Cleaning matt bike ?

Tommeke

Hello,
What do you guys think is the best way to clean the Matt paint of the mt 07.

I have s100 Matt wax, but no soap..

I ride all year long so my bike gets dirty, so I think just clear water won't be enough.

Thx in advance for tips/thoughts

rappetor

Just soap without wax will do. I use car detailing soap stuff for it. Like 'Dodo Juice - Born to be Mild' shampoo or 'Chemical Guys - Citrus Wash & Gloss' (where the Gloss part doesn't seem to have any effect on the matt parts on my bike). Something like that. But I guess any car shampoo without wax will do. And then if you want to, just wax the bike with the appropriate stuff (like wax for matt stuff, wax for shiny things etc).

Only washed my bike twice now, once with the Dodo stuff and once with the Chemical Guys stuff. And both of the times it was as clean as new :)

Lexington Stanway

I've been using 'wonder wipes' initially for insect crust, but on metal and paint too and they are indeed quite wondrous, but I have shiny paint and they do leave some residue, I'd imagine on the matt grey they'd be a one-stop solution.

josh.e.knight

I have a friend who has introduced me to "Vulcanet wipes" - they're coated with a special cleaning fluid that just cuts through pretty much everything you throw at it - and works on the fairing, the plastics, carbon fibre, glass from the screen / headlights. They're a little pricey for what they are, but if you haven't tried them before I'd strongly, strongly recommend them. Especially if you're as Obsessive-Compulsive about things as I am ;)