Dimensions of gas tank for decal applications?

William

I'm close to buying a 2015 MT-07, but I need the dimensions of the gas tank
for decal applications? I'm sorry to bother the members of the forum,
but I was hoping someone could help me with that? Thank you.

sdrio

It's not easy to measure - there are compound curves all over. It's not actually a tank of course, it's a pair of plastic covers, the actual tank is a much smaller steel one under it.

I vinyl wrapped mine, and used two pieces that were 100cm x 30cm, plus a small (maybe 15 x 30) offcut from those to cover the small strip that goes between the two panels.

That was quite tight on size, a couple of extra cm on both directions would have given room for error.

I think that's about as close as you'll get to measurements, the panels change width/height/contour constantly, there is hardly any part of them that is flat.

William

It's not easy to measure - there are compound curves all over. It's not actually a tank of course, it's a pair of plastic covers, the actual tank is a much smaller steel one under it.

I vinyl wrapped mine, and used two pieces that were 100cm x 30cm, plus a small (maybe 15 x 30) offcut from those to cover the small strip that goes between the two panels.

That was quite tight on size, a couple of extra cm on both directions would have given room for error.

I think that's about as close as you'll get to measurements, the panels change width/height/contour constantly, there is hardly any part of them that is flat.
Thank you for your reply. Thank you for the measurements. Could you show a picture of your bike, please?

sdrio

I must admit I kind of did think that too :)

I'd love the decals from the Yellow MT07 for my Race Blue/Silver bike...
To be fair, it looked much darker in the photos of the wrap, when I bought it online.

I thought about Yellow, but now it's an official colour it's not so appealing. I might do something a bit more fiddly for the next one.

foxracer

If you changed the colour of the fairing, would you have to inform the DVLA of a change in colour of the vehicle?

sdrio

If you changed the colour of the fairing, would you have to inform the DVLA of a change in colour of the vehicle?
Fairing?

Apparently the 'guidance' now is that if you change the colour of the vehicle with a wrap, you need to get your V5 updated.

I didn't, it would be a pain in the arse to have to keep doing that, but presumably I'd have got a ticket if a copper stopped me and was in a bad mood.

foxracer

Yes, the fairing... as in the plastic bits around the fuel tank :p

But yeah, I figured as much. I'd quite like to swap the silver for white on my bike too

nobull

I didn't like my 2015 race blu silver panels so bought grey 2014 style ones - much nicer. Unfortunately V5 says silver not blue, doubt anyone would ever notice though, the panels are hardly large and more of the bike is blue than silver anyway!