Ermax Tail Tidy

craigieboy

Fitted my Ermax tail tidy tonight as a erplacement because my yamaha tail tidy had started to rust (very poor product). Fitment and colour match is pretty good. Ordered from into bikes but took over a month to arrive plus poor communication from them aswell but its here now. Also took the chance to fit new LED indicators aswell.

Pics:

Thanks

Last edited:

sdrio

I sound like an old fart here, but you shouldn't have your reg number showing like that.

It's not unheard of for some scrote on a similar bike to make a copy, have some fun with speed cameras, parking or even more sinister shenanigans and it'll take you a great deal of agro and time to sort it out, if you ever do.

jimyu

I sound like an old fart here, but you shouldn't have your reg number showing like that.

It's not unheard of for some scrote on a similar bike to make a copy, have some fun with speed cameras, parking or even more sinister shenanigans and it'll take you a great deal of agro and time to sort it out, if you ever do.
what about the hundreds/thousands of people that see your bike each week on the road - no difference.

If someone wants to find an mt-07 number plate to clone it wouldn't be difficult

sdrio

what about the hundreds/thousands of people that see your bike each week on the road - no difference.

If someone wants to find an mt-07 number plate to clone it wouldn't be difficult
Yeah, there is a difference.

99.999% of people who will see my bike out and about have no interest in my number plate.

Someone who wants to create a bit of havoc, can either go out and wait for a white MT07 to pass him, and note down the reg number, or got to an MT07 forum and see who posted a picture of their number plate.

You're right, if someone wants to do it, it won't be difficult. You stick a photo of yours on the net, it's actually pretty easy.

It happens.

Last edited:

Torque

Have to agree with sdrio.You simply can't deny that you're increasing the risk to yourself.

It makes you wonder about all the motor vlogs on YouTube though. A casual viewer has access to 1000's of car/bike number plates matched to a vehicle just by watching these videos.

da1kini

Have to agree with sdrio.You simply can't deny that you're increasing the risk to yourself.

It makes you wonder about all the motor vlogs on YouTube though. A casual viewer has access to 1000's of car/bike number plates matched to a vehicle just by watching these videos.
A lot of vloggers blur the plate for mates when seen in the video. For douchebags on 4 wheels, not so much :)