Fancied an early morning ride

Dmtm2005

Woke early this morning ( 5 a.m ) , mrs still fast off , shower , dressed , over to garage , bike cover off , jacket on , lid on , gloves on , ignition on ....................... NO DISPLAY , BATTERY COMPLETELY DEAD :( .

Not amused in slightest , call Yamaha Assist and arrange for RAC , very busy I'm told but should be with you by 8 a.m ,
8.30 phone call to apologise but no technician available yet but should be with you by 9 a.m .

9.30 technician arrives , checks battery and as suspected its dead and I mean dead , knackered , shagged , ka put , shot it , bo****ed ! .

6 months old , 1013 miles , left for only a week in far from cold weather and destined for battery heaven already .
Dealer not open today so email sent and awaiting a reply.

Anyone else experienced any similar issues.

Ralph

I would check that USB port for discharge even when nothing plugged in,
the bike as a small battery and can soon be dragged down by even a small
discharge, having said that even Yuasa have been known to get it wrong
now and then,

maddy51

recall on mt07 battry wire

Hi I received a recall on my mt07. I had done 3000k no problems. It was for a potential problem with the battery wire under seat. The reason was give that the battery wire could short out and it needed to be repositioned. Sounds like you might have a short some where. I had work done and bike is fine.

P

Peter

Yuasa is one of the best battery manufacturer I've ever seen in vehicles. It lasts 8-10 years in a motorcycle (I had couple of Honda before). It must be something else...

roama119

its been 5 months since i even looked at my 07 due to a bad knee, wheeled out of garage on sunday started first time. no optimiser or charger fitted.
something must be discharging your battery id say