Finally got my MT

neal2000uk

After waiting since July, and reading this forum for a couple of months, I've finally picked up my MT-07 in deep armour. Was taking it very easy on the ride form the dealers to my work as I'd just jumped off a 125cc and wanted to get used to the power. Only hit just over 50 mph on the 6 mile trip but loving it so far. This there will be a few days of an adjustment period but once I'm over that, I can see myself having lots of fun on the commute to work :D

sdrio

Another Londoner! Welcome.

I came from a 125cc scooter as well. The speed isn't what catches you, it's the torque. I found (and several others reported the same) that being too boisterous with the throttle can lead to some rather 'oh shit' moments, and a visit to the back seat.

You'll quickly get used to it though. By the time it's run in, you'll be ready to give it the beans.

neal2000uk

Another Londoner! Welcome.

I came from a 125cc scooter as well. The speed isn't what catches you, it's the torque. I found (and several others reported the same) that being too boisterous with the throttle can lead to some rather 'oh shit' moments, and a visit to the back seat.

You'll quickly get used to it though. By the time it's run in, you'll be ready to give it the beans.
Yeah, actually you're right, it's the torque not the speed. A 125 basically has 2 settings on the throttle - ON or OFF. With the MT (and probably and bike 500c and up) just about getting used to the control of the throttle. I can't wait to get on it again and take it for a spin....roll on tomorrow.