Flashing Fuel Light

Eddieh93

I know people are going to say don't let your fuel get that low but whatever.

How many miles will you get after the fuel light has started flashing?

Can seem to find anything anywhere which has even a rough number. I've had it to 10miles then passed a garage so filled up.

Ed

Ralph

Cruse at about 50 mph and mine will do 48 miles then it starts missing under acceleration.

sdrio

I've regularly done over 30 in traffic.

It should be good for at least 40, I'd imagine. Any less would be pointless.

Ralph

Harder you ride more fuel you use but you can go fast enough to loose your licence without
revving the balls off it, if you have to, a slow ride is better than a long push.

Gee

I got it flashing in the middle of nowhere and made it 22 miles to the nearest petrol station.

Was brickin it but now glad to know it would have gone further.

Viking

I know people are going to say don't let your fuel get that low but whatever.

How many miles will you get after the fuel light has started flashing?

Can seem to find anything anywhere which has even a rough number. I've had it to 10miles then passed a garage so filled up.

Ed
I have found that the reserve lights up when you have aprox 3.8 liters left in your tank. How far can you get with that depends on your riding style, but to be sure you can switch your dashboard screen to current consumption and then switch the option km/l (that will display how many km you can ride with 1l of petrol). So, if your reserve lights up, you have aprox 4 liters left and if your bike consumes 4 liters per 100km you can ride another 100km...

Ralph

Going off my experience you cant use the full 14 ltrs so don't count on it.
at one time this would not matter in the UK but now there are not as many
fuel stations and unless you know were they are you can go many miles
without finding one.

Noggie

Never had mine that low, but then again my bike has just done 220km :)
Was on my first "long trip" yesterday, a whopping 120km drive :)
My gauge reached the last bar and we drove another 25km and stopped for fuel. I put in just over 8 liters, meaning I had a good 6 liters left.
To me this means the fuel gauge is not very accurate as I actually had close to half tank left.
Since the gauge has 6 bars, with 6 liters left I should have at least two bars.

Slightly off topic, but I would not be surprised if there is huge differences between bikes on the level indicated by the gauge.