Genuine Yamaha Sports Screen.

Phil_B

Fitted it today, looks alright but the jury's still out for me on it as it creates lots of clean air to your chest but blasts it all at your helmet.

Also, fitting was harder than I wanted as it attaches to the fork top clamps and not the light fitting, so ideally you need a torque wrench capable of 27Nm to get the bolts just right!

Colour is also more purple than I thought!

Kaff

the jury's still out for me on it as it creates lots of clean air to your chest but blasts it all at your helmet.
So wait, does it take the wind away from your chest and up to your helmet like it's supposed to and at what speed is it most advantageous? How's the buffeting around the helmet now? Receiving mine on september 12th.

(Sorry, English is not my native language)

Phil_B

So wait, does it take the wind away from your chest and up to your helmet like it's supposed to and at what speed is it most advantageous? How's the buffeting around the helmet now? Receiving mine on september 12th.

(Sorry, English is not my native language)
Yes, and I'm not sure it is advantageous. Less force on your arms having to hold at speeds over 50mph, but more noise around your head. I'd gotten used to holding on so might take it off again for a quieter ride!

I'll try a longer test ride with earplugs first. And possibly try some different angles.

tedhankey

any info or picture on fitting one of this sport screen i order one is it that hard to fit cheers i check my torque wrench i goes 1 to 20 Nm look like i up creek with out a paddle

Last edited:

Phil_B

It comes with full instructions/diagrams so it's not that hard! The only issue i had was only having a basic alan key to fit it with. I am going to recheck it with a suitably sensitive torque wrench and alan key bit when mine arrives in the post!

So yeah, I've ended up buying one from Amazon to check the torque!!

Phil_B

As an update... I'm much happier with this now I've angled back a bit more to give less protection but a smoother airflow!

It's staying on for now.

Last edited:

Dave R

Hi after waiting for nearly six weeks for a Yamaha sports screen I cancelled it and ordered an Ermax screen which took a couple of days to arrive. I ordered a black 39cm sports screen [three sizes available] it cost £79 and took ten minutes to fit. It uses the four allen bolt holes around headlamp, you get longer bolts to cover depth of screen and small frame which you can't see. Very pleased with it, protection is good at speed IMGP0830.jpg
I have some photos in my gallery if I have been unsuccessful putting one on here.

Previous bike FZ1 Fazer with MRA screen