Handle Bars........ not the most comfortable!

bones

I've also had chronic head aches and bad neck and shoulder pain where the muscles are all connected it's like whiplash !!!
I've always rode enduros until I tested this little beauty and am totally hooked , I'm hoping the muscles will get used to the wind and acceleration .... I love it

Will145

Thanks for the suggestions guys - I will give them a try :)

Here is me (rather nervously!) collecting my beauty from the dealership.
Welcome Kaye! Good choice of bike and welcome to the forum! I personally haven't had any aches or pains riding the bike. It could be tension - I know when I first started riding I was nervous as hell and this did affect my riding. I find the mt so comfy I could ride all day but i guess it's all dependent on the riders size etc. I've heard a lot of talk about rider fitness and building up those muscles etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaye

Thanks for the welcome :) and apologies for the late reply -I have been on holiday. It looks like it could just be a case of me and my muscles getting used to riding. Here's to a long summer to get plenty of miles under my belt :)

Kaye

I have also ordered the rizoma screen in reply to the suggestion re the screen but I have to admit that was a decision based on looks rather than practicality.......I hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the ass if my pains are related to wind blast :confused:

Will145

I find the wind blast not to bad up to 75ish although I'm looking to get the yamaha official screen when it's available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 20

I think the bodyposition is better wit new Ultra Lows, for all type of riding. Usability of mirrors is vastly improved with added width. Wind blast is about the same I guess or just marginally improved.

tugfox

Hello everyone. I just found this topic while i was searching for a handlebar for my mt07. I'm not comfortable with this oem narrow handlebar so i want to replace it with wider and a little bit upright position handlebar. Thanks to @and30ers for his comments&photos. Ultra lows are really good but i want someting more upright. I don't want to lean front that much.

First, i wanted to replace them with mt-03's oem handlebar but it's 80cm wide and the wires may not long enough. So i am thinking to get `renthal road low` or `renthal road medium`. I'm confused and couldn't decide. What do you suggest?

cfsantos

No problems, just plug-and-play. But you du need to drill 3 holes for positioning the throttle, left- and right controls. Pretty simple.

More info in another thread:
http://www.motorcycle-talk.net/forum/mt-07-fz-07-modifications/177-handle-bars-comfortable.html

and30ers,

i´m thinking of putting the same handlebar in my bike, but the drilling are concerning a bit since the bar is alloy,
it's going to weakening the bars? just asking…
and just a question, how did you measure the holes in the renthal bar where they going to stay?? is there any method?
don´t know if I'm asking the right way…

cheers

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20

Just bend over a couple of cm's or rest your wrist on the grips, and there you have it.
How much elbow bend you have will change body pos regardless of bars.
Sliding ass back/forward on seat will also change body pos.
So does your statue, short vs. tall riders etc.
It's not rocket science ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 20

and30ers,

i´m thinking of putting the same handlebar in my bike, but the drilling are concerning a bit since the bar is alloy,
it's going to weakening the bars? just asking…
and just a question, how did you measure the holes in the renthal bar where they going to stay?? is there any method?
don´t know if I'm asking the right way…

cheers

All bars, steel or alu, have holes for controls. I wouldn't worry a second.

One way of measuring is when both bars are off bike, place upside-down on flat surface so grip area is horizontal. Measure old bar and mark the new accordingly. Note that you can choose to move controls in and out depending of what kind of bar end weights, hand guards, etc you intend to use. Different bar end solutions might come with different and/or optional spacers. You can also change length of actual grip area if you want to change to other rubber grips or for example Oxford HotGrips that comes in different lenghts. So there is massive room for individual preferences.

An other alternative is just is just to mount the new bars, position the controls, then mark and drill.

Starbob5

Low renthals are comfortable and give a slightly more aggressive riding position I enjoy. Not as extreme as the super sport.