Hello From Ottawa Canada

Hellix

Hey guys,
just reserved one of only two 2015 FZ-07 coming to my local dealer. Looks like Canada only gets a couple colours right away; white or black and eventually red, i'm going with whatever one they get in first so it will be a surprise! should be in sometime in June

L

Lonerider

I don't know how many FZ-07 my local dealer will have. I put a deposit in March for a red one. End of June is the target. I'll check with them around mid-june if this target still remain the same. Please give some feedback when you'll have confirmation of arrivals.

Dede

Hey Hellix, I am also looking to buy this week in Ottawa. What dealer did you buy from? Restricted stock is for all dealers??

Feliz

Hey there! I put a deposit down today for June delivery, I'll take any colour. My friend is a salesman at my local dealer in Vancouver and told me every dealer has had their allotment cut in half. If true the bikes could be in short supply hence my putting a deposit down.

Dede

I found one dealer that has 2 coming, one grey, and one white. End of June. Maybe.... :-( Anyone heard about red ones coming to Canada??

Feliz

Well I got lucky today!! I dropped into my dealers to leave my deposit on my FZ-07 and there was a white FZ-07 demo bike belonging to Yamaha Canada that happened to be in the dealers for service. They gave me a nice long ride, I even stopped and checked the underseat storage and tool kit etc. I pulled into a large park and did some slow speed work in the parking lot. I honestly couldn't find one fault with the bike.

I'm 6'2" and fit the bike fine but I now own a few bikes including a Triumph Thruxton with rearsets and find them all fine, maybe I'm just stupid, or senile....I'm 74. Mirrors where okay for me but the best part is the motor....absolutely amazing. My dealer said they are getting one red, one white...which I purchased, and a few? grey. I asked when I could expect delivery and he said he has been told late June or July so don't hold your breath!

Will145

Wow! 74! All I have to say is - legend. I hope I'm still alive, let alone riding,when I'm 74! It's another example of how this bike appeals to such a wide range of riders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Feliz

Thanks for the comments. I ride every day I can and feel like a kid weaving around the twisties. I'm really excited now in anticipation of the arrival of my FZ-07, MT-07 to some of you. It's great how motorcycles bring us all together....a brotherhood!!

Dede

Put my money down last night, expected delivery in second half of June. Dealer confirmed he was only getting 2 for the year.... but!

... I was quite surprised when he said he had one red and one grey on the way.

I took the red one (FZ07FR) since it looks like could be one of the only red FZ-07 in Canada??

Hellix

Hey sorry Dede didnt check this for a while.. Im getting mine from a dealer in Cornwall Irwins Supply to be exact... He is only getting two. White and a black one, I said id take whichever gets there first.Congrats on getting the one you want!!

Kipawa

Hey! New to the site in Barrie Ontario! Put my deposit down a couple weeks ago to reserve the first grey one thast comes to Barrie!!! Now just the agony of waiting!!!! Stepping up from a 2010 Ninja 250R. Sat on the FZ-07 at the dealer ride but couldn't make time to do a ride as it was a Wednesday here. Bike felt perfect and the looks are killer. Slightly taller and need the upright riding position and only 19 lbs more then the 300 Ninja weight wise! Should be a blast of a bike. 50th birthday present to myself!

Hellix

Thats awesome there are so many people in the "area" waiting on a 07 ! Hopefully here sooner than later, I sold my GSXR for this bike, then turns out I need to write my full M june 25th... oops! hopefully new bike is here before then!!

alex6063

74..inspiration

Well I got lucky today!! I dropped into my dealers to leave my deposit on my FZ-07 and there was a white FZ-07 demo bike belonging to Yamaha Canada that happened to be in the dealers for service. They gave me a nice long ride, I even stopped and checked the underseat storage and tool kit etc. I pulled into a large park and did some slow speed work in the parking lot. I honestly couldn't find one fault with the bike.

I'm 6'2" and fit the bike fine but I now own a few bikes including a Triumph Thruxton with rearsets and find them all fine, maybe I'm just stupid, or senile....I'm 74. Mirrors where okay for me but the best part is the motor....absolutely amazing. My dealer said they are getting one red, one white...which I purchased, and a few? grey. I asked when I could expect delivery and he said he has been told late June or July so don't hold your breath!
Wow that is amazing..I am 54 and have not riden for 25 years..am wondering whether to get MT-07..Looks like I will just order one today...

Dede

Thats awesome there are so many people in the "area" waiting on a 07 ! Hopefully here sooner than later, I sold my GSXR for this bike, then turns out I need to write my full M june 25th... oops! hopefully new bike is here before then!!
Hey Hellix, may I ask what is a full "M" ??

Looks like our bikes won't be delivered until late June at the earliest... :(