Hi from Melbourne, Australia

b00f

Hi

My name is Aaron,

Currently going through some final saving before I lay my hard earned down for my MT07.
First bike, so sound be a little bit of fun.

Any other Melbourne MT07 owners here?
Been looking at mods and stuff like crazy, I AM EXCITED!

Still tossing up exactly what colour I want, but I am thinking Comp White (mainly due to supply and demand on resale, these have a long waiting period here right now)
Plan is to wrap it to save scratches and things, put a pipe on it and get out there and have some fun.

Cya round the traps.

Will145

Welcome to the forum! This is such a great first bike yet so many seasoned bikers own an 07 too. You'll love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

xt660isgood2

Hello and welcome,
Great choice of 1st bike and I'm sure you will love it.
Just give it a little respect early doors with the throttle. Because until you get used to it as a 1st bike, it can easily bite you on the bottom!

b00f

Welcome to the forum! This is such a great first bike yet so many seasoned bikers own an 07 too. You'll love it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have heard/read nothing but good things about it. Suits me personality to a T, I cannot wait.

Hello and welcome,
Great choice of 1st bike and I'm sure you will love it.
Just give it a little respect early doors with the throttle. Because until you get used to it as a 1st bike, it can easily bite you on the bottom!
Yeah the plan was just to take it easy (gotta run it in anyway). This is the first "brand new" anything (car or bike) so, its is a lil daunting.
nevertheless, totally excited, just sorting out the dollar side of things and then gonna go drop a wad of cash down at the dealership take one for a spin, and then if its meant to be, I shall place my order.

I have only seen one MT07 near where I live, so will ve nice to have something different.

Knawful

There was an 8-10 week wait on the Grey and White versions when I paid for mine on Monday, 2 week wait for Red and Deep Armour.
I really wanted the Grey, but couldn't wait (going away riding before xmas) so I ordered Deep Armour.
The only Grey's I found in the country were ALL demo's and the dealer's weren't keen on selling them before xmas either.

FWIW, Peter Stephens in the city has one set up with all the goodies if you want to see one.

sdrio

G'day.

Wrapping - a piece of vinyl 1000mm x 750mm will just do the three pieces you need to cover. Not sure what the Aussie equivalent is, but I used 'air drain' vinyl (reduces bubbles) which had 'dry glue'. It came off the bike after 3 months and didn't leave a mark anywhere.

Knawful

G'day.

Wrapping - a piece of vinyl 1000mm x 750mm will just do the three pieces you need to cover. Not sure what the Aussie equivalent is, but I used 'air drain' vinyl (reduces bubbles) which had 'dry glue'. It came off the bike after 3 months and didn't leave a mark anywhere.
It's called Vinyl wrap down here. 3M made the stuff I had my car wrapped in.
Got quoted AU$300 to get the MT done. (Car cost me $2k)

Last edited:

sdrio

It's called Vinyl wrap down here. 3M made the stuff I had my car wrapped in.
Got quoted AU$300 to get the MT done. (Car cost me $2k)
Wow.

OK, well I did mine myself. £10 of wrap, a couple of hours work.

I should go into business . . .!

Knawful

I've found somewhere that sell's 1.5 x .5m sheet's for AU$80, I might try it myself, got nothing to lose.

sdrio

I've found somewhere that sell's 1.5 x .5m sheet's for AU$80, I might try it myself, got nothing to lose.
You'll need a hairdryer and something soft to squeegee it down with.

Apparently the professional method is to heat the vinyl and stretch it before you put it on. Then you use the heat gun to shrink it back to normal. (Youtube has a few vids).

I couldn't do that, as I was working by myself,so I put it on cold, and used a hairdryer to work it into shape. Seemed OK, there were a few scruffy edges, but it only showed if you were looking for them.

I chose what I thought was a really natty blue colour, but everyone who saw it thought it was hideous. Ho hum.

[edit] Here's a thread with some photos I posted at the time. http://www.motorcycle-talk.net/forum/mt-07-fz-07-modifications/539-vinyl-wrapped-mt07.html

Last edited:

Knawful

Nah, this comes in a kit form, has a special Squeegee that comes with it.
Look's pretty basic from the video on their site.

sdrio

Nah, this comes in a kit form, has a special Squeegee that comes with it.
Look's pretty basic from the video on their site.
It wasn't hard to get a reasonably clean looking job. I guess a professional would do it better, but it was only ever going to be a temporary thing, so I didn't mind.

You got me fired up now. I'm ordering some in yellow - the 2015 model has that option, I think it looks quite good.

b00f

Im gonna call a couple dealers and try and nudge the price down, and get some times for delivery.

I like the Deep Amour, so I guess I could just wrap it in a flat white til I get over it.

Ebay has heaaaaaps of vinyl available. I would go with Avery, purely due to their colour choices. Check out their website :)
I got a mate who is a sign writer who uses it and has EVERY colour available, and also has stuff you can print on for full custom wraps..
$300 is a rort mate. It isn't difficult to do yourself, and the vinyl itself is cheap.

Anyway, I gotta decent over the next week on what colour so I can place my order ^_^

RAYDEO

Wow.

OK, well I did mine myself. £10 of wrap, a couple of hours work.

I should go into business . . .!

ill go into that business with you, I've wrapped 3 cars, and done heaps of window tints, mainly using the 3M stuff mentioned above,

havnt thought about wraping my MT though, not a bad idea!!!

however, reminds me of the ad in the link below

http://youtu.be/UT6oZqYij8U

Any excuse to have a dig at an auzzie :p

b00f

Updates!
Few rolling shot pics :)
http://i60.tinypic.com/2pq54ck.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/k2nzx0.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/14btfu8.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/xc3zeo.jpg