Hi from Northampton

MT07rose89

Hi everyone.

I've owned my MT07 since August last year but have only had a license since October so this is my first bike and I have nothing to compare too but I am absolutely loving it. So glad I spent the extra money on it.

Hopefully these pictures have worked and you can see I have just last week had a few mods on it. List is below but I have to give special mention to the Akra full exhaust system. I've had it installed without the baffle and to quote my Mrs "It sounds like a jet plane"....Seriously loud!!

Full list of mods...so far:

1. Akra Full System
2. Red ASV Clutch/Brake Levers
3. R&G Radiator Guard
4. R&G Crash Protectors
5. Yam Tail Tidy
6. Yam LED front/back indicators
7. Yam Red Rim Tape
8. Puig Screen

Think that's it for now but have ordered R&G passenger peg blanking plates and spindle sliders as well.

It may or may not be to peoples liking but I couldn't be happier with how it looks and to be honest my favourite mod is probably the rim tape, which ironically was the cheapest mod I made! :)

Only small issue I've had with the bike so far is sliding up and down the slippery seat so has anyone managed to come up with a solution to that?

I look forward to any feedback anyone has?

IMG_3784.jpgIMG_3785.jpg

hahapik

Hi!

It's a beauty! Welcome among us!

The rim tape looks really nice indeed, I'll be thinking about it :) The white one from Yamaha would be OK, on my Racing Red :) .

Cheers,

Piotr.

tw586

re your slippery seat, I have the yamaha tank protectors on the flanks where my knees rest and that seems to hold me well, I usually ride in cordura or denim trousers and dont notice any slippage of the ass. you may want to add them to your extensive mods list.

Ralph

Good first choice, not enough power to be really intimidating but enough to keep
you from getting bored so you don't grow out of it to soon, wont cost the earth to
run and up to a little light touring and longer rides, what's not to like, if you don't
like the MT you don't like motorcycles, roll on summer or even spring will do.
Welcome

jeppebm

Welcome dude! :D ive been looking for rimtape to make an impression on my for a while ... but applying them worries me - how did you do it and most importantly with WHAT did you do it :D ?

MT07rose89

Welcome dude! :D ive been looking for rimtape to make an impression on my for a while ... but applying them worries me - how did you do it and most importantly with WHAT did you do it :D ?

I must admit my local dealer supplied and fitted all of my mods so far. I used the fact I was buying everything through them to try and get a bit of a deal for the labour so unfortunately I do not know how they did it :(

One thing to look out for...it required two packs to complete one wheel so 4 in total, if they hadn't of told me, I would of been caught out there! Well worth it though!

MT07rose89

re your slippery seat, I have the yamaha tank protectors on the flanks where my knees rest and that seems to hold me well, I usually ride in cordura or denim trousers and dont notice any slippage of the ass. you may want to add them to your extensive mods list.

Thanks!

I have been looking at those tank protectors. They look a handy piece of kit.

I have been wearing leather trousers at the moment but have recently purchased some Kevlar jeans so hopefully they do the job.

da1kini

Thanks!

I have been looking at those tank protectors. They look a handy piece of kit.

I have been wearing leather trousers at the moment but have recently purchased some Kevlar jeans so hopefully they do the job.
Seen a LOT of people having this issue and IT worries me. Not for the seat Cause IT is not slippery at all but for the riding positions you ride in :) IF you feel your ASS slipper you must not be holding your knees tight enough. You should ride with your stomach and legs not hands or ASS. My teacher when I took My license was a stunt rider for many years. And to illustrate the need for proper use of legs and stomach he had me as passenger and rolled on to about 50mph then he told me to press against him. Then he let go Of the handlebar with one hand and made a Max brake from 50 to 0 and we did not plunge forward at all...

So IF you go on for a ride try that and se IF your ASS slides forward or not :) IF IT does, keep practising to use your legs and stomach muscles :)

Last edited:

MT07rose89

Seen a LOT of people having this issue and IT worries me. Not for the seat Cause IT is not slippery at all but for the riding positions you ride in :) IF you feel your ASS slipper you must not be holding your knees tight enough. You should ride with your stomach and legs not hands or ASS. My teacher when I took My license was a stunt rider for many years. And to illustrate the need for proper use of legs and stomach he had me as passenger and rolled on to about 50mph then he told me to press against him. Then he let go Of the handlebar with one hand and made a Max brake from 50 to 0 and we did not plunge forward at all...

So IF you go on for a ride try that and se IF your ASS slides forward or not :) IF IT does, keep practising to use your legs and stomach muscles :)

OK, thanks. I've never heard that before so I'll give it a try next time I'm out.

Will145

Welcome Mate! Just down the road from you in Towcester. Did you get your bike from motorcycle world?

MT07rose89

Thanks.

Ah yes I did see there was someone from Towcester.

I actually bought the bike from Skellerns in Worcester but Motorcycle World did all the mods for me.