Hi there, new here from Delta Ontario

Guru Woodman

Hey guys and galls,

I'm new here. I am in the process of selling my current motorcycle (a WR250X) and have my mind set on upgrading to a FZ-07. I have to admit that I haven't seen one in person yet, but I doubt that I will be disappointed when I do. I visited a local dealer twice and although their website says that they have them in stock it is not the case.

I have been piloting motorcycles for 25 years now and have had many bikes in all sizes. The lightness of my current machine has me convinced that bigger is not better. My bike has served me well but it has it's limitations so I think the FZ will fit the bill perfectly. I can't wait !

Last edited:

matthelps

I can tell you they look a lot better in person than online. I find it also hard to really "see" them in youtube videos with all the wide angle go pros these days. I wasn't super impressed when I saw one online for the first few times but in person it looked really awesome. I didn't even really want to demo ride it but the yamaha guy told me to give it a try, I was looking at fazer8 but it wasn't at the ride. I was really surprised when I rode it. Very comfy, very fast, to me it felt like sitting on scooter but with 20x the power. :) Also for the record I rode the MT-09. Stupid insane power, scary really, and that was in std mode! I am not super young or over the hill, 42, but I don't need a bike with that kind of power. Plus youtube tells me the fz-07 can power wheelie so if I want to be bad on it thats an option. But I found it very fast and fun.

Guru Woodman

Thank you for all the welcomes ! I can't wait to share my experiences with you guys. I will have to get one first. For now I will just have to pick your brains so satisfy my hunger for information.

L

Lonerider

Hi,

I have a WR250X too. But, i have hard times to let it go. My mind isn't made up yet. Even if i swore 8 years ago to not own 2 bikes at a same time. The little supermoto rides on TKC80 this year. So it's more like a dualsport now. The countdown to the end of june has begun. Who will get his canadian FZ first?

Guru Woodman

Me too. the WR is such a nice little bike. And it does everything so well. I can't afford have two bikes ( I already have too many toys) so mine is for sale.
But I am not pushing it too hard. I still enjoy it daily and by the looks of it, Yamaha might run into some delivery problems once the FZ-07 is out. I haven't seen one yet and the dealers already complain about not being able to their hands on one. It seems that they are in short supply already.
If I sold my WR now, I could end up being without a bike for months. And riding season here is not that long.

Last edited by a moderator: