Horn button mod

claustro

Hi all,
I was very tired regarding the position of the stock horn button so I decided to build a new one and put it in the "normal "position.
I used a cheap button found on ebay , I made a small house of plastic and glued the button on it , then filled the small gaps with silicone.
I used the bottom screw to fix the plate in position ,and then I soldered the 2 cables form my new button to the original contact.
With this mod I have finally a button in the right place
I can change it back to stock without problem any time.

Regards.
Andrea20150626_174036 (Small).jpg20150626_174047 (Small).jpg20150626_174118 (Small).jpg

Last edited:

Torque

Nice one :) tempted to do this one myself. Where did you connect the 2 new wires? When you say the original contact, where do you mean exactly?

claustro

Nice one :) tempted to do this one myself. Where did you connect the 2 new wires? When you say the original contact, where do you mean exactly?
remove the electric blocket with 2 screws.
The half one with turn lights button has another screw in it remove this one also
Now you can see the back of the original horn button it has 2 pads with 2 wires soldered to it, just solder the 2 extra button wires to the pads leaving the original wires
Carfully accomodate the new wires
Close the inner cover with 1 screw
Join the 2 half togheter and close it with 2 screws
Sorry for my english , hope it helps

Be aware if you are thinking to do this kind of mod check that the new button isn't too big otherwise it can collide to the tank at maximum turn

Last edited:

jonnyg

Hi, I didn't like the original indicator cluster either, the horn is in the completely wrong place and the other switches seem cheap and tacky. I changed the whole thing, much better now! A bit of a challenge cutting and resoldering the connection block on but worth the effort..20150910_160833.jpg

sharky

Great job claustro and jonnyg,

According to this link, if you want to get the part from your dealer the part number is 5D7H39720000 and the price is about 55 EUR / 40 GBP.

Looks like ebay is the economic way to go for the set, unless you are just doing the horn button.

jonnyg

Sorry for the delay, been away. The one I got was for a Honley HD1/HD2/HD3 model but it also fits theYBR125.You will need to remove the connector plug and reattach the original and match up the different coloured wires and solder them together. But it's not to hard at all.

Last edited: