How heavy is too heavy for an MT07

tw586

A mate of mine is very interested in an MT07 but he weighs in at 110kg. do you think this is too heavy for this bike, its hard to answer from my point of view as I weigh only 70kg ringing wet. I would like to see him on a MT but dont want to give him a bum steer, any opinions.

Ralph

I weigh 100 kg and with the rear shock set on 7 it feels fine.
I am cutting down on the pies but it's nothing to do with the MT

sdrio

100kg here too, no problems. I have never been near the suspension, so it's in factory trim.

loneranger

I would suggest a bigger bike. My son is 6 foot tall and 92 kg and looks odd riding this bike. Perhaps a MT09 or Triumph would be better. Ia m sure the power/shock can take the load but my issue is the overall size sitting on the bike, it does not look right.

KristianJeppe

I'm 193cm 105 kg and it fits me ok. Would like it to be a little bigger if I'm doing long stretches but for my daily commute and fun it feels great. It's like riding moped but with fun driving.

RAYDEO

I'm 180cm tall and 110kg, and although i feel a little cramped in the legs on long rides "m fine.

D

Deleted member 20

I'm 194 cm and 82 kg. Riding position on the MT is excellent for me, specially after replacing handlebars with Renthal Ultra Low that sits 5 cm forward, 2 cm lower and 3 cm wider each side. Leg room is fine, same goes for large boots and a big ass on the wide and long seat.
The MT07A is constructed/rated a for total load of 173 kg (rider+gear+luggage+pillion). So if the rider in "panties" is 110 kg, gear is 13 kg, luggage is 15 kg, you are stuck with an anorectic 35 kg pillion.

loneranger

There some big lads on this forum, reading all the threads. Sounds like there must be pie shop that you guys are all meeting up weekly or something?

sdrio

There some big lads on this forum, reading all the threads. Sounds like there must be pie shop that you guys are all meeting up weekly or something?
Nah man, we all meet up and neck 8 pints of lager twice a week.

Makes the drive home more fun.

xt660isgood2

I'd only had my MT a few days and my best mate "who is packing around 18 stone" jumped on her, and I saw the back end go down big time. Sure if preload was adjusted everything would be ok?
He's not so much a pie man but a chips and cheese sort of person with extra cheese please:p

DJP

I'm 6'1" and about 95kgs (probably more like 100 with all my riding kit on) and I fit fine. I actually found it more roomy than the MT09.

According to motorcycle ergos, it has more room than the Bandit 1250 I had before - which also felt fine.

Noggie

I'm 100kg and 1.74m.
I was walking around a bike shop and I must have been on 20 different bikes, but the MT07 was the one I felt most comfortable on.

I found the MT09 to wide in the seat so it was uncomfortable for me to sit on the bike while stationary.

The narrow MT07 was perfect, my heals are still 1cm off the ground so I will have to see if I will lower it.
Will get the bike in about two weeks, so really looking forward to spring.

Gaulois

This bike has so much torque, as such, I don't feel much difference in accelerations when I ride alone (75kg) or with my daughter with a total for both of us of 140 kg (all geared up).