How many km did the stock tires give you?

KennyNorge

My Bridgestone Battlax Bt-023 looks like they never want to give up [emoji4]

They have now lasted 10 150km and still have more mm down to the wear marks.

How about you, how many km did you ride before changing? How many km do you got on the tires you still have on?

Ralph

I'am at 12000 km 7500 miles on the org Bridgestones , they look like doing
another 2 or 3000 miles before changing the front does not look like it will do
much more than the back, better than I usually get from bike tyres.

spencer

Hiya

Mine are still on at 14000km/8800miles with at least 1.2mm of tread left was hoping to get another 1600km/1000miles out of them but got a nail in the rear last night so will have to change well pissed off. Was thinking of moving to the Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT anyone got them and how are they??
20150920_084025.jpg20150920_084034.jpg

Last edited:

Ralph

I got a nail in mine, plugged it no problems over the last 400 miles the GT version is a little harder
intended for heaver bikes, should do more miles at the expense of a little grip, a mate as them
on a BMW and likes them. I an going to fit Continental GT2's as I have a new set in the garage
that I gave £40 for at that price if I don't like them they can be passed on or binned if I don't like them,
they come fitted to BMW's from new, some riders don't like them so you can pick up sets with
only a few miles on them very cheap, likely ok for the more lade back rider like me but not for the
press on lads.

spencer

Its already been plugged :( just found a new rear 023 GT from tyre leader for 90 notes I just looked at the front and it still got a least 3mm of tread left so not worth replacing. so will replace with Michelin when front as had it.

D

Deleted member 20

...thinking of moving to the Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT anyone got them and how are they??
Pilot Road 4 is great tire for MT07. The GT version of PR4 is targeted for bikes > 100 kg more than MT07.

D

Deleted member 20

Regular PR4 is great for bikes up to ~260 kg wet weight (unless you go 2-up with full luggage). You should avoid PR4 GT for as long as you can. It's construction (ply orientation) make it more stable on really heavy bikes, dry handling suffers, still excellent wet grip. For heavy bikes the Pirelli Angel GT (A) might be a better choice, one added layer of ply but still same orientation (radial).

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Peter

My bike equipped with Michelin PR3. Excellent tire for this bike.
There are 10k km in the bike and no significant wearing observed. I'm 100% sure I still have additional 10k km.

sdrio

8,500 miles on mine and it's still fine. (about 13,000km?)

Had it plugged about 2 weeks ago, I asked the guy at the repair shop if I should replace it, he said it had plenty left.

balki

I have just replaced the front @ 12k miles, The rear lasted 6k miles (BT023) Like the grip so replaced with the same ( got a large screw in the rear at 2k so there not quite in sync ) sorry dont know the km conversion

Ralph

With bike tyres you often find that riders that press on a bit in the twisty's get better
mileage than those that ride more conservatively, they don't get the flattening off in the
centrer that conservative riders do, they both may travel just as fast it's just a different
style but those leaning the bike enough to use the full surface of the tyre get better mileage
due to more even wear, look at the 2 pics at the beginning of this thread, nr all the surface
used hardly any fattening lots of miles tyre still holding its org profile.

jobac

7500 miles and now changed to RP3's front and rear. Commuting up the A3 ruined them in the last 3k.

sdrio

10k miles (about 16,000km) and both of mine are fine.

Had a puncture done about 6 weeks ago, asked if they needed changing and was told not even close.

Almost all my mileage is done commuting.