How to tak away the fuel tank covers

ken_nx

Hi All

I tried to reach the 12V power outlet and tried to take away the fuel tank covers but failed.

Below are my steps

1. take away passenger seat

2. 2 screws to take away driver seat, I see battery and fuses.

3. 1 screw to remove the black rectangular rubber strip on the tank.

4. the red circled screws on the picture tank.jpg

5. Then I was not able to remove anything... I could just make a gap on the top part of the cover, but the lower part was stuck with something

Call for help here please, thanks

anyway I connected the power to the starter relay near the battery finally, but really want to know what I missed to remove the tank cover

Eddieh93

There is 2 little pop clips either side underneath the seat maybe it was these they clip into the rear fairing if I remember correctly.

Igor

Looks like you got all the screws. The bottom part is then held on by 3 rubber pop in things (don't know what they are called)

I just pulled the bottom side and the bottom popped out then I could unxlip the top side.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Ralph

The bit that I find difficult is getting the tabs along the centre of the tank
to come away, it makes things easer if the press the tabs down,

bobh

(Engages grumpy old codger mode) - Why is it necessary to cover a perfectly good steel tank, that would allow me to use my magnetic tank bag, with silly bits of plastic held on by a mix of different fasteners and tabs that feel like they're going to break when you try to disengage them? 561263.gif

ken_nx

Thanks all, does the fuel tank cover take away with or without the black air duct? I mean to grab the cover together with the duct, or grad the cover while pushing back the duct in original position?

sdrio

The tabs along the centre are barely connected - so long as you have removed all the bolts they come apart easily. It's not them holding the panels on.

Ralph

The tabs along the centre are barely connected - so long as you have removed all the bolts they come apart easily. It's not them holding the panels on.

They may not all be the same then Sdrio the things on mine have a grip like a vice, if I get time later I
am going to pull them off mine and see if I can relocate the air temp sensor to a cooler place.