Introduced myself to my new MT-07 with a five hour ride!

N1VEN

Afternoon all,

I've spent the last couple of months as an observer so I thank you all for the knowledge that I have absorbed via online visual osmosis.

I ordered my MT-07 back in late July and despite it arriving in early August, I took delivery yesterday from Chorley Yamaha so that it was on a 64 plate. I live in Newbury, Berkshire and the 5 hour journey back on the A roads was interesting to say the least!!

Not exceeding four thousand revs was hard but I was pretty sensible, although I did have to do a quick stink in the M6 Toll because I got a little lost!

I had the Akrapovic and a tail tidy fitted prior to picking the bike up and despite watching countless YouTube videos, none of them do the exhaust justice - it sounds phenomenal.

I commuted into London this morning as this will be the primary use for the bike, so already it's clocked up nearly 300 miles. Not long to go until the First Service.

I won't bang on about the positives of this bike, as it's all been said before by people that know a damn sight more than me, but I will say that if you are waiting for one, it's definitely worth it!!

Simon

Attachments

daveflave

Welcome to the forum!

I got my 64 plate MT-07 over the weekend and it killed me not to use it until Monday. Mine is a white ABS version too :) I've ordered an Akrapovic but got to wait until they-re in stock at CMC Clay Cross :(

Corsasri

Hi there do you still have the mt07. I have just brought one. And live in Newbury. Pick mine up next Saturday from probike.
Maybe we can get together for a ride sometime.

Skinnerguy

Ooh Akrapovic with the baffle out...
That's the same setup I have, it sounds amazing.
It must have killed you not to give it a wristful on the way home.

KEVINJSTANLEY

I can't believe the guards did not shove the queen into the bomb shelter when u pulled up outside Bucks house with a akra and no baffle..... did you make a clean get away or did the cops just follow the noise :)